Last updated: 30th Dec 2020
The article contains the list of the best dual band wifi router that can help you have a better internet speed with two simultaneous wireless signals.
Before moving to the list, let’s check the factors you should consider while making the buying decision.
Things You Should Consider While Buying Best Dual Band Wifi Router in 2021
- Wireless Networking Standard: 802.11ac is the first wireless network standard that supports dual-band.
- Support for MU-MIMO: the ability to serve more devices simultaneously. 2 antenna with MU-MIMO technology can serve 2 devices simultaneously.
- AC Naming Conventions: Like AC1200, AC1900 number followed by AC represents the bandwidth. Higher the number, the higher is the capacity to handle more devices without dropping data speed.
- Number of USB and LAN Port and Supported Speed: USB connection for a connecting printer, PC, Pen drives to use shared media directly to a router. LAN port speed is generally 10/100 Mbps and it goes up to 1 Gbps in high-end routers.
- Supported WAN Speed: WAN port is the port to which incoming cable is connected. If WAN port supports a connection in Mbps, you can’t go with an internet connection with the speed in Gbps.
- A Number of Antennas, Power of Antenna and Type of Antenna: The higher the number more devices can be simultaneously served. Higher the dBi higher the range. Beamforming technology helps to radiate the signal directly to the device, thus increasing the range.
- Smartphone App: To setup and manage the router easily.
Best Dual-Band Wi-Fi Router in India Under 2000
#1. TP-Link Archer C20 AC750 Wireless Dual Band Router
TP-Link Archer C20 Router is a dual-band router having 802.11ac standard which supports 300Mbps at 2.4GHz and 433Mbps at 5GHz connections with a total bandwidth of 733Mbps.
The dual-band helps you to get faster speed from your network connection. You can use a 5GHz band for intense network usage like stream content for your TV. While 2.4GHz band can be used for high range throughout the home.
4 LAN ports at the back let you connect wired connections to your computers for an interference-free fast connection. The LAN ports support up to 100 Mbps.
Archer C20 has 3 omnidirectional antenna that can cover 2BHK apartment easily without signal drops at the corner parts of the house.
With support for WEP, WPA/WPA2, WPA2-PSK encryption standard, TP-link makes sure your network is safe from hacks.
You can use the TP link Tether app for managing the router remotely.
- 750 Mbps Dual Band Wi-Fi —— Simultaneous 2.4GHz 300Mbps and 5GHz 433Mbps connections for 733Mbps of total available bandwidth
- Antennas —— 3 external antennas provide stable omnidirectional signal and superior wireless coverage
- Working Modes —— Router Mode, Access Point Mode, Range Extender Mode.
- Wireless Standards —— IEEE 802.11ac/n/a 5 GHz, IEEE 802.11n/b/g 2.4 GHz
- Interface —— 1× 10/100 Mbps WAN Port, 4× 10/100 Mbps LAN Ports
Pros of TP-Link Archer C20 Dual Band Router
- Long signal range
- UI for configuring the router is easy to follow
Cons of TP-Link Archer C20 Dual Band Router
- No USB ports available
- Long boot time
#2. iBall Baton iB-WRD12EN 1200M Smart Dual Band Wireless AC Router
iBall baton Router comes with 802.11ac standard and supports speeds up to 1200Mbps.
Baton router has four omnidirectional antennas with 5 dBi power. With the latest beamforming technology, you can expect a longer range and stable connection enough for a 2 BHK apartment.
You get 3 lAN ports for wired connections at speeds up to 100 Mbps.
iBall also has a smartphone app on the play store, which you can use to manage your router even when you’re not connected to your wifi network. iBall provides a 3 year warranty on this product.
- Dual band AC technology (2.4GHz + 5GHz)
- Smart Mobile App
- 5dBi x 4 Omni-directional antennas
- Operation mode: Router/WISP/Access Point
- Latest Beamforming technology for wider coverage
Pros of iBall Baton iB-WRD12EN Wireless AC Router
- Long signal range
- High speed wireless connectivity
- Smartphone app for easy control
Cons of iBall Baton iB-WRD12EN Wireless AC Router
- No USB port
- Only 3 LAN ports for wired connections
Read our new article here Best WiFi Dongle in India 2021
#3. TP-Link Archer C50 AC1200 Dual Band Wireless Router
C50 is a dual-band router from TP-link that supports 867 Mbps in the 5Ghz band and 300 Mbps in the 2.4GHz band.
The high speed connection at 5Ghz helps you in online gaming sessions and streaming HD content on your TV.
You get 4 LAN ports supporting speeds up to 100 Mbps. You can use the ports to connect to your smart TV, computers and other smart devices having an ethernet port.
The 4 antennas with 5 dBi power can cover a 2 BHK apartment. Bandwidth limiting and parental control features gives you more control over the network.
TP-Link provides a 3-year warranty and you get a tethering app for remotely controlling the router.
- Fast Wireless Speed — Supports 802.11ac standard - the next generation of Wi-Fi
- Lag-Free Work and Entertainment — Simultaneous 2.4GHz 300Mbps and 5GHz 867Mbps Dual Band connections for 1.2Gbps of total available bandwidth
- Superior Coverage — Four Fixed External antennas provide stable wireless connections and optimal coverage
- App Control — Easy network management at your fingertips with TP-LINK Tether
- Interface — 1× 10/100 Mbps WAN Port & 4× 10/100 Mbps LAN Ports
Pros of TP-Link Archer C50 Wireless Router
- Good coverage at 2.4 GHz
- Good build quality.
- Easy setup
Cons of TP-Link Archer C50 Wireless Router
- No USB port
- Slow boot time
#4. Tenda AC5 AC1200 Smart Wireless Dual-Band 1200Mbps WiFi Router
Tenda AC5 AC1200 Router comes with 802.11ac standard and supports up to 867Mbps in 5GHz band and 300Mbps for 2.4GHz band.
Powered by a 1GHz CPU, it helps in managing network requirements of multiple devices with ease.
The 3 LAN ports on the back support 100 Mbps speeds useful for stable wired connections.
Tenda AC 5 router has four 5 dBi omnidirectional antennas. The latest beamforming technology in the router can cover 2 BHK apartments without connection drops.
Tenda WiFi comes with a 3-year warranty and an app lets you manage the router locally as well as remotely.
- Compliant with 802.11ac Wave 2.0 Standard - Powered by new 802.11ac Wave 2.0 technology, AC5 offers a combined dual band wireless transmission as high as of 1167 Mbps
- with the MU-MIMO technology, AC5 can communicate with multiple devices at a time, over 20% faster in internet connection.
- 1 GHz High Frequency CPU Made with 28 nm Process - With the most advanced 28 nm process made by Netcom, AC5 outperfoms router made chips with 40 nm process on power saving
- powered by 1 GHz high frequency CPU, AC5 offeres more reliable and stable internet connection.
- Migration of ISP User Name and Password - Migration of ISP User Name and Password replacement of router easy without loggin in to the web UI of router to configure.
Pros of Tenda AC5 AC1200 WiFi Router
- 3 year warranty
- Tenda wifi app for easy configuration.
- Long range.
Cons of Tenda AC5 AC1200 WiFi Router
- No USB connection
- Slow boot time.
Also read – Best Tp-Link Router in India
Best Dual-Band Wi-Fi Router in India Under 3000
#5. D-Link DIR-825 AC 1200 Wi-Fi Dual-Band Gigabit Router
D-link DIR-825 comes with 802.11ac standard, AC1200 supports 867Mbps in 5GHz band and 300Mbps for 2.4GHz band. Its high-speed connectivity helps you in getting optimal performance during streaming, downloading large files and also online gaming.
The router supports 1Gbps speeds on your LAN ports. This is helpful if you own a 4K TV and high-speed internet connection. You get 4 LAN ports to the back.
D-Link has 4 omnidirectional antenna that is sufficient to cover a 3 bedroom apartment.
You also get a USB 2.0 port for connecting printers and hard disks to share media over network.
D link supports older standard like 802.11 b/g/n also so that you can use it as a wifi extender for your existing network also. D link offer a 2 year warranty on this product.
- AC-1200 with 1.2Gbps of speed / 802.11a, 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11n, 802.11AC. Dynamic IP (DHCP) : Yes
- WEP, WPA/WPA-2(Personal / Enterprise), WPS, Easy network management at your fingertips with D-Link Wi-F- APP.
- For Customer Complaints:Email:[email protected] Support No:+91-832-2856000 or 1860-233-3999
- 3 Year Brand Warranty
- Dual band with 2.4GHz band (300mbps) and the 5GHz band (867mbps)
Pros of D-Link DIR-825 Gigabit Router
- Wide signal coverage
- 2 year warranty
- Gigabit connection
Cons of D-Link DIR-825 Gigabit Router
- No smartphone app
#6. Tenda AC10 1200Mbps Wireless Smart Dual-Band Gigabit WiFi Router
Tenda AC10 comes with an 802.11ac standard that supports 867Mbps in 5GHz band and 300Mbps for 2.4GHz band.
Just like the AC5, AC10 It features a 1GHz CPU that handles network traffic between devices connected to it.
You get 3 LAN ports and a WAN port supporting data speed of 1Gbps that helps in getting high speeds.
Tenda AC 10 router has four 5Dbi omnidirectional antennas. with the latest beamforming technology band. This router setup can cover a 3 bedroom apartment.
You get a 3 year warranty on the router.
- AC10 AC1200 smart dual-band wireless router; If you cannot access the internet after configuration, ensure that the Ethernet cable connected to the WAN port of the router has connected to the internet
- AC10 is a high-performance Wi-Fi router designed with full Gigabit WAN and LAN ports
- Strong dual band Wi-Fi signal for multi-wall penetration
- Innovative MU-MIMO technology
- Four clean-cut antennas for stronger Wi-Fi signal and wider Wi-Fi coverage
Pros of Tenda AC10 1200 Gigabit WiFi Router
- Long signal range
- Has smartphone app
- HI speed connectivity
Cons of Tenda AC10 1200 Gigabit WiFi Router
- No USB port
#7. TP-Link Archer C6 AC1200 Wireless MU-MIMO Gigabit Router
TP- link Archer C6 supports the new 802.11ac standard. It offers 867Mbps in 5GHz band and 300Mbps for 2.4GHz band.
You get 4 LAN ports supporting upto data speed of up to 1Gbps for high speed connections.
Archer C6 has 4 omnidirectional external antenna and an internal antenna setup with MU-MIMO technology. That can cover a medium size apartment without slowing down speeds between connected devices.
You can manage the router using the smartphone app which allows you to set up and manage the router. Along with the encryption standard WEP, WPA/WPA2 to keep your network safe,TP-link offers a 3 year warranty.
- Dual Band WiFi speed —— Simultaneous 2.4GHz 300 Mbps and 5GHz 867 Mbps connections for 1200 Mbps of total available bandwidth; supports 802.11ac standard
- Ultimate Range Wi-Fi —— 4 external antennas and one internal antenna provide stable wireless connections and optimal coverage
- Qualcomm Chipset —— High-Performance Chipset provides an excellent connection experience
- MU-MIMO —— MU-MIMO achieves 2X efficiency by communicating with up to 2 devices at once
- Gigabit Ports —— With one Gigabit WAN port and four Gigabit LAN port, speeds can be up to 10× faster than standard Ethernet connections. Connect your favorite wired devices to the Archer C6 and get impressed
Pros of TP-Link Archer C6 Gigabit Router
- Smartphone application for configuring.
- MIMO technology-enabled antennas.
- 3 year warranty.
Cons of TP-Link Archer C6 Gigabit Router
- No USB port.
You may also like to read – Best wifi adaptor for PC in India 2021
#8. ASUS RT-AC53 AC750 Dual Band Gigabit WiFi Router
ASUS RT-AC53 works on 802.11ac standard which supports simultaneous 2.4GHz at 300Mbps and 5GHz at 433 Mbps making a total bandwidth of 733 Mbps.
TP-Link has 2 LAN ports at the back with support of gigabit ethernet that helps in faster wired connectivity.
RT-63 router features 3 omnidirectional antenna featuring MU-MIMO technology. There is a review saying this antenna setup is capable of stable connection beyond 2 walls also.
If you are a power user, then the router also has VPN server-client support. Asus offers a 3-year warranty on the router.
- High-speed performance, concurrent speed up to a combined 750 mbps data rate
- Smart control with the ASUS WRT dashboard UI, setup, monitor and control network applications all in one intuitive area
- Robust external antenna, 3 external strong antenna enhances signal transmission
- High power design in pursuit of ultimate capability
- Gigabit ethernet data transfer 10 times faster than 10/100 fast ethernet devices
Pros of ASUS RT-AC53 Gigabit WiFi Router
- High speed wired LAN connectivity.
- 3 year warranty.
- Good build quality
Cons of ASUS RT-AC53 Gigabit WiFi Router
- No USB port
- Only 2 LAN ports for wired connectivity
#9. TP-Link Archer C1200 Gigabit Wireless Wi-Fi Router
TP-Link Archer C1200 DIR-825comes with 802.11ac standard. It supports 867Mbps in 5GHz band and 300Mbps for 2.4GHz band.
The 3 omni directional antennas with beamforming technology makes connectivity throughout the home a hassle-free experience so you can expect a stable connection at all areas of the home.
C1200 is helpful if you have a requirement for high speed wired connectivity as it has 4 LAN ports and a WAN port supporting up to data speed of 1Gbps.
USB 2.0 port support lets you connect pen drives and hard drives for file sharing in the network.
TP-Link archer C1200 has a smartphone app that allows you to set up and manage the router even when you are not connected to a wifi network. TP-link offers a 3-year warranty.
- Dual Band WiFi speed —— 300 Mbps-over 2.4 GHz and 867 Mbps-over 5 GHz; supports 802.11ac standard. Enjoy smooth online gaming and video streaming with dual band 1200Mbps Wi-Fi
- Ultimate Range Wi-Fi —— 3 External Antennas Greatly Expand Wireless Coverage. Multiple antennas form a signal-boosting array to cover more directions and large areas
- Beamforming technology —— Beamforming technology delivers highly efficient wireless connection (supported by Version 2.0 and above). Concentrates wireless signal strength towards clients to expand WiFi range
- USB Port —— 1 USB Port supports storage and file sharing
- Gigabit Ports —— Lightning-Fast wired connections using four Gigabit Ethernet Port
Pros of TP-Link Archer Wi-Fi Router
- High-speed wireless connectivity
- Has USB 2.0 support
- 3 year warranty
Cons of TP-Link Archer Wi-Fi Router
- The comparatively low signal range at this price range.
#10. Netgear R6120-100INS AC1200 Dual-Band Wi-Fi Router
Netgear R6120 comes with 802.11ac standard and supports 867Mbps in 5GHz band and 300Mbps for 2.4GHz band.
Netgear has 3 omnidirectional antennas with decent range that makes it ideal if you have a medium size apartment.
There are 4 LAN ports at the back but the ports are capped at 100 mbps.
There is a USB 2.0 port for media sharing by connecting hard drives to the router.
Netgear has a smartphone app called Genie through which you can manage your network and configurations according to your needs. You get a 3-year warranty on the router.
- This router does not include modem and works well with cable broadbands
- Input type RJ-45 (Ethernet Cable) supported by neighbourhood cable broadband ISPs such as Hathway, ACT, Tikona, Airtel Fibrenet, MyWorld, Nextra, Siti Cable, You Broadband, Spectranet etc
- Wi-Fi speeds up to 300+900mbps
- Upgrade your Wi-Fi to support new AC devices
- Works with all N150, N300, N600 and AC devices
Pros of Netgear R6120 Wi-Fi Router
- USB port
- smartphone app for ease of control.
- 2 year warranty.
Cons of Netgear R6120 Wi-Fi Router
- Signal range is low in this price range.
- USB 2.0 at this price point.
- LAN/WAN ports do not support Gigabit connection.
Also read – Best WiFi Router Under 2000
#11. Linksys Max-Stream EA7500 AC1900 Dual-Band Wireless Router
Linksys Max-Stream EA7500 AC1900 is a dual band router with a sleek design and powerful processor to provide you blazing fast network speed. You can enjoy 4K HD video streaming, or online gaming. It supports 802.11 b/g/n/ac wireless standard.
You get a 4 LAN ports capable of Gigabit ethernet which makes it an all-round desk setup router.
The router stands out if you are looking for a printer-specific router to use your printer over the network. You get 2 USB 3.0 ports that you can use to configure the USB port for the printer, and an FTP server.
You can also set up guest account using app and allocate network bandwidth that allows you to have guest networks with limited bandwidth without having to share your personal network.
Linksys router uses beamforming technology to allocate bandwidth as per device priority helping you overcome bandwidth limitations and the device that needs the fastest Wi-Fi gets more bandwidth. Asus offers 2 years warranty on the router.
- Next Gen AC fast wireless router provides WiFi coverage for your home (works with existing modem)
- Enjoy 4K HD streaming, gaming and more in high quality without buffering
- Dual-band WiFi speeds up to 1.9 Gbps (2.4 GHz / 600 Mbps) + (5 GHz / 1300 Mbps)
- MU-MIMO (Multi-User Multiple Input Multiple Output) provides WiFi to multiple devices at once, at the same high speed
- Gigabit Ethernet ports provide wired transfer speeds 10x faster than Fast Ethernet
Pros of Linksys Max-Stream EA7500 Dual Band Router
- Sleek design
- Faster processor
- Support for gigabit ethernet
- Additional USB functionalities
- Beamforming technology for optimum bandwidth utilization
Cons of Linksys Max-Stream EA7500 Dual Band Router
If you are looking for a router that serves for USB connection, good speed, decent signal range and convenience of a smartphone app for configuration, TP-Link Archer C1200 is the way to go.
If you want greater speed and stable connection, MIMU technology-enabled antennas of TP-Link Archer C6 AC1200 delivers it with additional perks like smartphone app control.
You can also visit BestWifi Store to get more info about latest and bestselling Wifi Products.