Looking for a high speed router for your wireless as well as wired connections?
Go for Gigabit router with high speed data transfer speed up to 1.5 Gbps.
High speed internet is essential for online gaming as well as 4K content streaming on Netflix, Amazon Prime, or similar entertainment channels.
If you also want a high speed gigabit router but confused from the options available in the market, then go through this article.
We have created a list of 11 best gigabit router in India to help you out. We have considered the factors below to create the list of best gigabit router in India.
- QoS (Quality of Service)
- Smartphone App
You will learn more about these parameters in the end of this article. If you are running short of time, you can go through our top 3 picks of best gigabit router in India.
Best Gigabit Router In India
#1. TP-Link Archer A7 AC1750 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
TP-link Archer A7 AC1750 dual-band router supports the new 802.11ac standard. It offers 867Mbps in the 5GHz band and 300Mbps for the 2.4GHz band.
The four omnidirectional antennas feature MU-MIMO technology that gives twice the transmission speed to multiple devices at once.
You get four-gigabit ethernet ports capable of 1 Gbps connection. This lets you have an ultra-fast wired connection to your PC and other connected devices.
To set up and configure the router, you get an app called Tether available on iOS and Android.
You get standard encryptions like WEP, WPA/WPA2 to ensure the safety of your network.
Tp-link offers a 3 years warranty on this router.
Pros of TP-Link Archer A7 AC1750 Smart WiFi Gigabit Router
- Easy to set up with the application.
- MU-MIMO technology-enabled antennas for faster speeds.
- Gigabit support for ethernet.
- up to 2500 sq feet coverage
Cons of TP-Link Archer A7 AC1750 Smart WiFi Gigabit Router
- No USB port.
- The coverage area is not great.
Best For – Single bedroom homes
- AC1750 WiFi speed — Simultaneous 2.4GHz 450 Mbps and 5GHz 1300 Mbps connections for 1.75Gbps of total available bandwidth
- Qualcomm Chipset — High-Performance Chipset provides an excellent connection experience
- Dual Band Gigabit Router — Supports 802.11ac standard - 3 times faster than wireless N speeds
- Ultimate Range Wi-Fi — 3 external High Performance antennas form a signal-boosting array to cover more directions and large areas
- USB Port — easily shares files & media with networked devices or remotely via FTP server
#2. TP-Link Deco Whole Home Mesh WiFi System
If you want a router that can cover large homes or offices to get WiFi at every cornor, then TP-link Deco is the best choice.
Deco is a mesh WiFi system in which you can set up multiple access points around your home to eliminate weak signal areas.
You can configure Deco into access points so your device switches to the nearest access point when you move around the house or office for a drop free connection.
Deco can cover up to 5500 square feet making it suitable for office spaces and large homes. You get speeds of up to 1267 Mbps.
Deco can handle traffic efficiently for up to 100 devices at a time without any lags. You can use Deco as a router, access point, or range extender.
Pros of TP-Link Deco Whole Home Mesh WiFi System
- Speeds of up to 1267 Mbps.
- Multipurpose as you can configure deco as router and access points.
Cons of TP-Link Deco Whole Home Mesh WiFi System
- You don’t get wired Ethernet ports.
Best For – large offices and homes
#3. Netgear Nighthawk X6S R8000P AC4000 Tri-Band Gigabit Wi-Fi Router
Featuring beamforming technology, Netgear nighthawk X6S directly beams the WiFi signal towards the direction of your device to boost speed, reliability, and range.
You get four gigabit WAN and LAN ports for lightning-fast data transfer and internet. If you are looking for HD video streaming and lag-free gaming, this router is a great option.
The six antennas feature MU-MIMO technology to provide you fast data speeds and reliable connections for multiple devices.
You get a USB 3.0 port and USB 2.0 for connecting pen drives or hard disks to use as a local media server.
The router also works with Amazon Alexa so you can control the router with voice commands.
Pros of Netgear Nighthawk X6S Tri-Band Gigabit Wi-Fi Router
- Supports up to 40 devices at a time.
- Works with Amazon Alexa.
- MU-MIMO technology for a fast and reliable connection.
- USB 3.0 for creating a high-speed local server.
Cons of Netgear Nighthawk X6S Tri-Band Gigabit Wi-Fi Router
- No option to limit data usage for individual devices.
Best For – Those who game more and need stable connection to download large files.
- AC4000 WIFI -Up to 750+1625+1625mbps wireless speed
- Tri-Band Wi-Fi: Avoids interference and optimizes network performance
- Multi-User MIMO (MU-MIMO): For simultaneous streaming to multiple devices
- Powerful 64-bit dual cure 1.8GHz processor with 3 offload processors - next generation processor to handle data intensive applications and for better video streaming, lag-free gaming, surfing and more
- Gigabit Internet Ready: Built to support gigabit WAN to LAN speeds
#4. Asus AC1900 RT AC68U Dual-Band Wireless Gigabit Router
Asus AC1900 is among the best dual-band routers that comes with a dual-core processor to process data efficiently and enable VOIP calls.
The antennas feature beamforming technology amplifies the signal and beams it to your device increasing coverage area and enhances the stability of the connection.
You get 4 gigabit LAN ports for faster-wired connection. You get a USB 2.0 port for sharing print media and a USB 3.0 to connect 3G/4G dongles and hard drives to set up local media servers.
Asus router features AiProtection that offers you multi-stage protection against online threats. This feature helps to protect your network from malicious sites and prevents infected devices from transmitting your personal data.
The router has an ASUSWRT user interface for easy setup and offers advanced options like
Installing the router is easy. Updating it is also easy with the help of the ASUSWRT User Interface.
The router offers you advanced options like VPN client & server support and TurboQAM to increase data speeds in the 2.4Ghz band.
Pros of Asus AC1900 RT AC68U Dual-Band Wireless Gigabit Router
- Excellent range for medium size homes.
- Dual USB ports for sharing media.
- Easy setup.
- AiProtection feature to protect you from malicious sites.
Cons of Asus AC1900 RT AC68U Dual-Band Wireless Gigabit Router
- Does not support repeater mode.
- The 5GHz range is not great.
Best For – Those who need high-speed connectivity on multiple devices.
- Broadcom TurboQAM technology increases wireless-N data rate to 600 Mbps for 33% faster performance
- Five gigabit ethernet ports for fast, stable wired network connections
- Dual USB ports with USB 3.0 for ten times faster data transfer than USB 2.0
- Dual-core processor for fast and responsive performance with Wi-Fi, ethernet and USB devices
- 3 years manufacturer warranty from date of purchase
#5. Netgear Nighthawk R7000P AC2300 Smart MU-MIMO Dual-Band Gigabit Wi-Fi Router
Netgear R7000P has the newest 802.11ac wireless standard with a 1Ghz processor for fast data processing.
The router features three MU-MIMO enabled antennas that provide fast data streams simultaneously to multiple devices for a lag-free browsing experience.
You get a USB 3.0 port to use it as a media server by connecting flash drives or hard disks.
You get four gigabit ethernet ports for a fast internet connection. The router has a dynamic QoS feature that allocates data speed depending on the application so you get sufficient bandwidth for high-intensity tasks.
The router is compatible with Amazon Alexa so you can control the router with voice commands also.
Pros of Netgear Nighthawk R7000P AC2300 Dual-Band Gigabit Wi-Fi Router
- 1GHz processor for better data processing.
- Dynamic QoS for advanced bandwidth allocation.
- MU-MIMO enabled antennas for enhanced range.
Cons of Netgear Nighthawk R7000P AC2300 Dual-Band Gigabit Wi-Fi Router
- Poor after-sale service.
Best For – Gaming and casual browsing.
- Compatible with Amazon Echo/Alexa: Control your home network using voice commands
- Circle Smart Parental Controls: Limit daily internet time for websites, apps and more
- AC2300 Wi-Fi: Up to 1625+600mbps wireless speed
- Simultaneously stream to multiple devices with multi-user MIMO (MU-MIMO)
- Better video streaming, lag-free gaming, surfing and more with a powerful 1GHz dual core processor
#6. TP-Link Wi-Fi 6 Router AX1800 Smart Wi-Fi Router
TP-link AX1800 features the next generation WiFI 6 standard that supports speeds up to 1.8 Gbps. The router works in both 2.4 and 5 GHz bands.
The router comes with a 1.5Ghz processor for excellent data handling giving lag-free high-speed internet.
The four antennas feature beamforming, independent FEM technology lets the antennas target the direction of the receiver and beam the signal to focus reception to devices that are far away.
You geta USB 2.0 port to share print media and file sharing across your network. You get a TP-Link tether application for easy setup of the router.
Pros of TP-Link Wi-Fi 6 Router AX1800 Smart Wi-Fi Router
- Excellent build quality.
- Support for WiFi 6 standard.
- Beamforming technology for increased range.
Cons of TP-Link Wi-Fi 6 Router AX1800 Smart Wi-Fi Router
- Slow boot time.
Best For – Medium-sized apartments to avoid network congestion.
- Dual-Band Wi-Fi 6 —— Equipped with the latest wireless technology, Wi-Fi 6, for faster speeds, greater capacity, and reduced network congestion. 5 GHz: 1201 Mbps (802.11ax) ; 2.4 GHz: 574 Mbps (802.11ax)
- Next-Gen 1.8 Gbps Speeds —— Enjoy smooth streaming, downloading, and gaming all without buffering with Wi-Fi speeds of 1.8 Gbps.
- Connect More Devices —— Wi-Fi 6 technology communicates more data to more devices using revolutionary OFDMA technology while simultaneously reducing lag
- Quad-Core Processing —— The 1.5 GHz quad-core CPU ensures communications between your router and all connected devices are smooth
- Extensive Coverage —— Beamforming, independent FEM, and four antennas combine to deliver focused reception to devices far away.
Also check out – Best Wifi routers in India
Best Gigabit Router Under 5000
#7. TP-Link Archer C80 AC1900 Dual Band Wireless Router
TP-Link Archer C80 features the newest 802.11ac wireless standard and operates on 2.4 and 5Ghz bands.
You get four omnidirectional antennas with Multi User-MIMO technology that can transmit and receive data on three different streams simultaneously giving you excellent speeds when you are using multiple devices.
The router’s antennas also feature beamforming technology that directs the signals towards the device for an excellent connection. For optimal performance, the router automatically switches to less congested bands to give you better speeds and connections.
You get 4 Gigabit LAN ports and 1 WAN port to plug into your PCs, smart TVs, and gaming consoles for fast and reliable connections.
Setup of the router is very easy as you get an intuitive web interface or you can do it with the tether application available on android and iOS.
Pros of TP-Link Archer C80 AC1900 Dual Band Wireless Router
- MU-MIMO and beamforming technology for a fast and reliable connection.
- Android application for ease of setup.
- Gigabit LAN ports for fast wired connection.
Cons of TP-Link Archer C80 AC1900 Dual Band Wireless Router
- No USB port.
Best For – Small and medium-sized homes.
- 802.11ac Wave2 Wi-Fi —— 1300 Mbps on the 5 GHz band and 600 Mbps on the 2.4 GHz band
- 3×3 MIMO Technology —— Transmitting and receiving data on three streams to pair flawlessly with your 3×3 clients
- Boosted Wi-Fi Coverage —— Beamforming technology delivers a highly efficient wireless connection
- MU-MIMO —— To help your devices achieve optimal performance by making communication more efficient
- Personalized Management —— Advanced features like Parental Controls, Guest Network, and Access Control provide individualized tools for network management
Best Budget Gigabit Router India
#8. Mercusys AC1200 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router
Mercusys AC1200 is a dual-band router that gives you 300 Mbps on 2.4 GHz band and 867 Mbps over 5Ghz that is helpful for HD streaming and online gaming.
The router features four gigabit ethernet ports for fast and stable internet connectivity. You can connect up to 60 devices wirelessly to this router making it a suitable choice for homes that have multiple connecting devices per person.
The four external 5dBi powered antennas provide a broad wireless range throughout your home.
You can setup separate network access to guests so you don’t have to share your private network password with them.
Support for WPA and WPA2 encryption ensures active defense against security threats and hackers.
Pros of Mercusys AC1200 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router
- Excellent coverage even beyond walls.
- Easy to set up.
- MU-MIMO technology-enabled antenna for fast data transmission.
Cons of Mercusys AC1200 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router
- Upside down ethernet ports collect dust over time so it requires some maintenance.
- Can not set up 2.4GHz and 5 GHz on a single SSID.
Best For – Two-bedroom homes with a lot of walls in between rooms.
- AC1200 dual band Wi-Fi — speeds of up to 300 Mbps on the 2.4 GHz band and 867 Mbps on the 5 GHz band
- Full gigabit ports — lightning-fast connections for wired devices, including game consoles, STBs, smart TVs and more
- Share with up to 60 devices — internet access for multiple streaming simultaneously
- 4 high gain external antennas — powerful wireless coverage throughout your house
- Easy installation — intuitive webpage guides you through the setup process in minutes
Also read – Best Wifi routers under 1000
Best Gigabit Router India Under 3000
#9. Tenda AC8 1200Mbps Wireless Smart Dual-Band Gigabit WiFi Router
Tenda AC8 is a dual-band wifi router with strong signal strength capable of multi-wall penetration to offer you strong signals throughout the home.
The 4 omnidirectional 6 dBi powered antennas can cover up to 90 square meters and support up to 24 simultaneous devices.
You get three gigabit LAN and a single WAN port for lightning-fast wired connection.
Advanced controls like parental control, wifi schedule, repeater mode, signal power adjustment, and WPS for security give you added control over your connection.
Pros of Tenda AC8 Smart Dual-Band Gigabit WiFi Router
- MU-MIMO technology for faster speeds.
- High powered antenna for long-range.
- Support for IPV6 standard.
Cons of Tenda AC8 Smart Dual-Band Gigabit WiFi Router
- Sometimes, the router hangs and you have to restart to get it working again.
Best For: HD streaming and gaming.
- Strong dual band Wi-Fi signal for multi-wall penetration
- 4x6dBi Omni directional antennas for stronger Wi-Fi signal and coverage
- Cover 90 square meters, penetrate two layer of walls and support upto 24 devices
- Wi-Fi router designed with full Gigabit WAN and LAN ports (1 x Wan + 3 x LAN)
- Support IPv6, Avoid Virus Attack and equipped with powerful 1Ghz Core CPU
Best Gigabit Router For Home
#10. D-Link DIR-825 AC 1200 Wi-Fi Dual-Band Gigabit Router
D-Link DIR 825 is a dual-band router with a maximum speed of 1200 Mbps. You get 4 high gain antennas enough to cover a 3 bedroom apartment.
You get a USB port to the back for storage devices and media sharing within the network.
The four gigabit LAN ports to the back let you have high speed wired connectivity to your TV, PC, and other connected devices.
You get a WPS button for the secure addition of devices to your network to prevent external hacks.
Pros of D-Link DIR-825 AC 1200 Wi-Fi Dual-Band Gigabit Router
- Suitable for large homes.
- Lag-free data transmission for online gaming.
- USB port for media sharing.
Cons of D-Link DIR-825 AC 1200 Wi-Fi Dual-Band Gigabit Router
- After-sale services are not great.
Best For – Online gaming and HD streaming.
- AC-1200 with 1.2Gbps of speed / 802.11a, 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11n, 802.11AC
- WEP, WPA/WPA-2(Personal / Enterprise), WPS, Easy network management at your fingertips with D-Link Wi-F- APP.
- For Customer Complaints:Email:[email protected] Support No:+91-832-2856000 or 1860-233-3999
- 3 Year Brand Warranty
- Dual band with 2.4GHz band (300mbps) and the 5GHz band (867mbps)
#11. Tenda AC10 1200Mbps Wireless Smart Dual-Band Gigabit WiFi Router
Tenda AC10 1200 Mbps router operates on both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz to give you excellent speeds. The router has a 1GHz CPU that efficiently manages data processing to give you a lag-free experience.
With four 5dBi omnidirectional antennas, you get excellent coverage throughout the home. The antennas feature MU-MIMO and beamforming technology that channel signal towards your device for a stable connection.
To the back, you get three gigabit LAN ports and a gigabit WAN port to make the most of your high-speed internet connection.
You also get a WPS button to connect new devices to the network securely and a Wi-Fi On/Off button to disable WiFi when not needed
Tenda offers 3 years warranty on the router.
Pros of Tenda AC10 Wireless Smart Dual-Band Gigabit WiFi Router
- Beamforming technology for stable wifi connection.
- The range is sufficient for a 2 bedroom house.
- Easy setup procedure.
Cons of Tenda AC10 Wireless Smart Dual-Band Gigabit WiFi Router
- No USB port.
Best For – Medium to large homes with many connected devices.
- AC10 AC1200 smart dual-band wireless router; If you cannot access the internet after configuration, ensure that the Ethernet cable connected to the WAN port of the router has connected to the internet
- AC10 is a high-performance Wi-Fi router designed with full Gigabit WAN and LAN ports
- Strong dual band Wi-Fi signal for multi-wall penetration
- Innovative MU-MIMO technology
- Four clean-cut antennas for stronger Wi-Fi signal and wider Wi-Fi coverage
How to Choose Best Gigabit Router
A router with a high gain antenna will have more powerful signals. If you live in a large house, a router with multiple high gain antennas will cover more area compared to normal antennas.
Normal antennas range between 2 to 3 dBi and high gain antennas are around 5 to 6 dBi power.
#2. QoS (Quality of Service)
Since you are opting for a gigabit WiFi, you also make the most of your fast internet connection if the router can allocate bandwidth according to the demand of the application so you don’t waste bandwidth on low-intensity tasks like browsing.
For gigabit routers, you get a faster-wired connection. Whereas for wireless connectivity, the speed depends on the bandwidth the router supports.
You can see differentiate these routers by numbers like AC900, A1200, AC1500, or AC1800. Bigger the number faster the router.
You should choose at least an AC1200 router to make optimal use of your connection.
#4. Smartphone Application
A smartphone application to control your router is a handy way of configuring your router without having to log in to the local IP of the router to make changes making it easy to set up and maintain.
If you are looking for a budget gigabit router, Mercusys AC1200 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router is a great choice for the price.
If you have many connecting devices at home and you require an excellent connection for all the devices without lagging, you need to get Tenda AC8 1200Mbps Wireless Smart Dual-Band Gigabit WiFi Router.