Updated on – January 1, 2021
If you only need WiFi connectivity for internet browsing, youtube videos, and listening to music, then you don’t have to pay a huge chunk of money.
You need a single band router that can cover a 2 BHK house and doesn’t drop connections while in action.
I have curated a list of 11 best routers under 1000 in India for your convenience. Before that have a look at our top 3 best wifi router under 1000-
Best Router Under 1000 in India 2021
#1. TP-Link TL-WR840N 300Mbps Wireless-N Router
TP-link TL-WR840N router comes with a wireless N standard with support for data speeds up to 300 Mbps.
You get three 5 dBi antennas for coverage up to 400 square feet making it suitable for small homes and single rooms.
You get the option to control bandwidth based on the device IP giving you more control over the data usage.
There are four 100 Mbps LAN ports to the back for high speed wired connectivity.
For security, the router has WPS security to encrypt internet data. You also get support for new IPv6 internet protocol making the router future proof of your ISP devices to provide service using IPv6.
TP-Link tether application allows quick installation and configuration of the router. You can download the app in play store for Android or in AppStore for Apple devices.
Pros of TP-Link TL-WR840N 300Mbps Wireless-N Router
- Easy installation.
- WPS for a secure network.
- WPS button for quick connectivity to WiFi.
Cons of TP-Link TL-WR840N 300Mbps Wireless-N Router
- Range drops after two walls in between device and router.
- Not suitable for medium size and large homes.
Best for – Single room or small office with many mobiles and multiple connected devices.
- 300Mbps Wi-Fi Speed —— 300Mbps wireless transmission rate ideal for both bandwidth sensitive tasks and basic work
- Access Point Mode —— Supports Access Point mode to create a new Wi-Fi access point
- Range Extender Mode —— Supports Range Extender mode to boost the existing wireless coverage in your room
- Parental Control —— Parental Controls manage when and how connected devices can access the internet
- IPTV —— IPTV supports IGMP Proxy/Snooping, Bridge and Tag VLAN to optimize IPTV streaming
#2. Mercusys MW325R 300Mbps Enhanced Wireless N Router
The Mercusys MW305R supports wireless N standard and supports speeds up to 300 Mbps.
You get two 5 dBi high gain antennas for excellent signal coverage. You also benefit from MIMO(Multiple Input, Multiple Output) technology that provides data transmission in multiple channels giving you more data output simultaneously when using multiple devices.
You get four LAN ports in the back for wired connections. There is an option for creating a separate guest network that you can use to share your Wi-Fi without giving access to your home network.
Parental control lets you restrict access to certain websites. WPA-PSK and WPA2-PSK security helps in protecting your data traffic in the network.
Mercusys offers a 3 years warranty on the router.
Pros of Mercusys MW325R 300Mbps Enhanced Wireless N Router
- Excellent signal coverage.
- Does not heat up after long usage.
- Simple setup interface.
Cons of Mercusys MW325R 300Mbps Enhanced Wireless N Router
- No WPS button for easy connectivity to the wireless network.
- Range drops beyond two walls.
Best for –Medium-sized homes.
- Maximum coverage —— four 5dBi antennas provide up to 500m2 of wireless coverage
- Range specifications are based on performance test results. Real performance varies in accordance with applications and environmental conditions.
- Enhanced signal —— high gain antennas dramatically increase wireless signal strength, size and stability
- 300Mbps wireless speed —— ideal for HD streaming and large file downloads
- Easy installation —— intuitive webpage guides you through the setup process in minutes
Also read – Best WiFi Router Under 1500 in India
#3. Tenda F3 300Mbps Wireless Router
Tenda F3 router comes with an 802.11n wireless standard that is backward compatible with older standards like 802.11b and 802.11g. With wireless N standard, you get speeds up to 300 Mbps.
The router has three 5 dBi antennas that can cover an entire 2 BHK home with no connection drops.
You get three LAN ports at the back for connecting your PC, Laptop, or smart TV.
For security, you get WPA, WPA2, WPA-PSK, WPA2-PSK to enhance privacy and prevent hacks. Additional features like MAC address filters give you an option to set only known devices to connect to your network.
IP based bandwidth allocation lets you control the amount of data your devices consume. This will help you if you have a data limit on your broadband connection. Tenda offers 3 years warranty on the router.
Pros of Tenda F3 300Mbps Wireless Router
- RJ45 connector – suitable for all cable broadband companies.
- Security features for a safe home network.
- Bandwidth allocation option for devices based on IP.
Cons of Tenda F3 300Mbps Wireless Router
- Range is not great for large homes.
- Not suitable if you have a very high-speed internet.
Best for – Small to medium-sized homes in apartments so you can use MAC filtering to avoid your neighbor friends devices congesting your network.
- Input Type RJ-45 (Ethernet Cable) supported by neighbourhood cable broadband ISPs such as Hathway, ACT, Tikona, Airtel Fibrenet, MyWorld, Nextra, Siti Cable, You Broadband, Spectranet etc
- This Router Does Not Include Modem and works well with Cable Broadbands
- Power Consumption: 1.9W at no load and 3.3W at full-load
- Buttons: 1 x WPS/reset
- LED for system, Wi-Fi, LAN, WAN and WPS
Check out – Best wifi dongle in India 2021
#4. TP-Link TL-WR845N 300Mbps Wireless Router
TP-link TL-WR845N wifi router supports the wireless N standard(802.11n) that offers speed up to 300 Mbps.
The router works on the 2.4GHz band and comes with three 5 dBi antennas that provide sufficient range for a 2 bedroom home.
The router has an RJ45 Ethernet connector for WAN port which is used by all major cable broadbands in India. You get 4 LAN ports to the back for wired connections.
You get the option to control bandwidth based on the IP of the connected device. This will help you to save data on limited plans by preventing large automatic updates on your devices.
WPS (Wi-Fi protected setup) provides security encryption that protects your network from external attacks. TP-Link offers 3 years warranty on the router.
Pros of TP-Link TL-WR845N 300Mbps Wireless Router
- Triple antenna for better coverage.
- Easy setup procedure.
- Bandwidth control based on IP.
Cons of TP-Link TL-WR845N 300Mbps Wireless Router
- The signal drop if there’s lots of routers in your neighborhood due to network congestion
Best for – Two-bedroom homes that require more wired connections.
- 300Mbps Wireless Speed — 300Mbps wireless speed ideal for interruption sensitive applications like HD video streaming. Power : 9 V ⎓ 0.6 A
- Antenna — Three antennas greatly increase the wireless robustness and stability
- Encryption — Easy wireless security encryption at a push of WPS button
- Bandwidth Control — IP based bandwidth control allows administrators to determine how much bandwidth is allotted to each PC
- IPv6 Compatible — Compatible with IPv6 -the more recent Internet Protocol version
Best Wi-Fi Router For Home Use Under 1000 in India
#5. TP-Link TL-WR820N 300 Mbps Speed Wireless WiFi Router
TP-Link TL-WR820N supports 802.11n standards with backward compatibility for 802.11b/g standards. The router works on 2.4 GHz band and supports speeds up to 300 Mbps.
You get two 5 dBi omnidirectional antennas with MIMO technology that supports multiple data streams for faster data transmission between router and devices.
You get two LAN ports to the back with support for speeds up to 100 Mbps for fast wired connections. You get the option for a guest WiFi with which you can share your connection with guests and friends.
The router has a hole punch top plate design that helps to dissipate heat efficiently preventing heating issues during long periods of usage.
You get WPS for network security and support for the new IPv6 standard. Tp-Link offers 3 years of warranty on this router.
Pros of TP-Link TL-WR820N 300 Mbps Speed Wireless WiFi Router
- Dual antenna setup with MIMO for reliable connectivity.
- Functional design.
- Guest WiFi option.
Cons of TP-Link TL-WR820N 300 Mbps Speed Wireless WiFi Router
- Range decreases a lot when there are walls in between.
- You may notice connection drops over a period of usage.
Best for – Small offices and a single room with the need for continuous WiFi usage.
- 300Mbps Wireless Speed — 300Mbps wireless transmission rate ideal for both bandwidth sensitive tasks and basic work
- Antenna — Two antennas greatly increase the wireless robustness and stability
- Encryption — Security protocols protect your home network with firewalls and wireless encryption
- Parental Control — Parental Controls manage when and how connected devices can access the internet
- IPv6 Compatible — Compatible with IPv6 (Internet Protocol version 6). IPTV supports IGMP Proxy/Snooping, Bridge and Tag VLAN to optimize IPTV streaming
Check out – Best wifi routers under 2000 in India
#6. D-Link DSL-2730U N150 WiFi DSL Built-in ADSL2+ Modem Router
D-Link DSL-2730U is a DSL modem with an ADSL2+ standard that supports speeds up to 150 Mbps.
You get an ADSL port for connecting DSL broadband connections. The router has an in-built modem with a single antenna suitable for 1 bedroom apartments or small homes.
You get 4 LAN ports supporting speeds up to 100 Mbps. You get WPS protection for encrypting your traffic. The router has a Denial of Service attack prevention by securing your network from malware and viruses.
The router comes with a CD making installation easy for you. D-Link offers a 3 years replacement warranty on the router.
Pros of D-Link DSL-2730U ADSL2+ Modem Router
- Option for both DSL and cable broadband connections.
- Security standards for privacy and protection from hacks.
- Easy installation.
Cons of D-Link DSL-2730U ADSL2+ Modem Router
- Supports speeds only up to 150 Mbps.
- Not suitable for large homes.
Best for – medium-sized homes with BSNL Broadband or cable connection.
- Input Type RJ-11 (Ethernet Cable) supported by ISPs such as MTNL, BSNL, Airtel,Hathway,ACT Fibrenet,Spectranet and neighbourhood cable operator
- High-speed ADSL2 + internet connection
- High performance wireless speed upto 150Mbps
- Smooth and secure transfer of photos, files, music, video and e-mail over the internet
- Universal plug-and-play(UPnP)
#7. Mi Smart Router 4C
Mi Smart router 4C is a high-performance router with support for 802.11n wireless standard and 300 Mbps of maximum speeds.
The router has four antennas that provide sufficient range for a single room.
You get two LAN ports for wired connections helpful for getting high speeds for large downloads.
You get the Mi Wi-Fi application that offers multiple functionalities like child-safe filters, managing network settings, prioritizing bandwidth for devices. The option eliminates the need for logging into the router every time.
Pros of Mi Smart Router 4C
- Auto-update feature from the Application.
- Four antennas for drop-free wireless connection.
- QoS feature to manage bandwidth sharing.
Cons of Mi Smart Router 4C
- Heating issue on prolonged usage.
- The router automatically turns off if heating more.
- Despite four antennas, the range is around 400 square feet only.
Best for –Single rooms with less requirement for LAN ports but require stable and fast WiFi coverage.
- 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi with up to 300Mbps Speed, Ideal for video streaming and web browsing. ROM : 16MB Nor Flash
- 4 High-performance antenna for better speed & coverage
- Control your network from Anywhere, Anytime with help of Mi Wi-Fi app
- QoS (Quality of Service) Manage and allocate bandwidth as per activity requirements
- Parental Control-Control time on internet and content on connected devices
#8. D-Link DIR-615 Wireless-N300 Router
D-link DIR 615 is an easy to set up router for your home. The router comes with a wireless N standard and has a maximum speed of 300 Mbps.
The two 5 dBi antennas provide a sufficient range for a 2 BHK home.
You get four 10/100 LAN ports to the back for wired connectivity that supports speed up to 100 Mbps.
Security features like NAT firewall helps in preventing external attacks. You get the benefit of the QoS(Quality of Service) feature that optimizes bandwidth allocation between devices for better performance.
The setup of the router is easy with a simple step by step web-based setup wizard. Dlink offers you a 3-year warranty on the router.
Pros of D-Link DIR-615 Wireless-N300 Router
- Strong signal that covers an area up to 10 meters.
- Easy installation.
- Does not heat up on continuous usage.
Cons of D-Link DIR-615 Wireless-N300 Router
- The included RJ45 cable is small.
Best for: Medium-sized homes that have more connected devices.
- Compatible with ISP input of RJ 45 ( Not compatible with RJ-11 input such as MTNL/BSNL/TATA/AIRTEL RJ-11 connection.) SDRAM : 8MB
- Get upto 300 Mbps reliable and affordable Wi-Fi connection ( 2.4Ghz frequency band )
- Share high-speed Internet access with computers, game consoles, and media players from greater distances around a small home or apartment.( 450 sq ft )
- Can handle multiple ( upto 10 ) wireless devices and enable smooth streaming and sharing across your entire home network
- For Installation and Technical support please contact us on 18602333999 / 0832-2856000 or write to us on [email protected] ( All days 10:00am to 06:00PM IST
#9. Tenda N301 Wireless-N300 Easy Setup Router
Tenda N301 router is a compact router with wireless N technology with backward compatibility to older network standards.
The router has two fixed 5 dBi antennas that offer drop free wi-fi even after two walls making it suitable for 3 BHK homes.
To the back, you get three LAN ports supporting speeds up to 100 Mbps that you can use to connect devices like PC, smart TV, or gaming console for stable and fast wired connection.
You get the benefit of a WPS button that lets you connect to your Wi-Fi with the press of a button. The setup is easy as comes with an installation CD.
Pros of Tenda N301 Wireless-N300 Easy Setup Router
- Excellent signal coverage.
- Does not heat up during long hours of usage.
- Easy to install and configure.
Cons of Tenda N301 Wireless-N300 Easy Setup Router
- After-sale service is not great.
Best for – Medium to large size homes.
- Easy setup and enjoy a security wireless network in a minute,Wireless security encryption easily at a push of WPS button
- Work as client to connect ISP network and share the Internet,300Mbps wireless speed ideal for interruption sensitive applications
- Standard&Protocol IEEE 802.3/3U IEEE 802.11n/g/b,Interface1 10/100Mbps WAN Port;3 10/100Mbps LAN Ports
- Antenna2 fixed 5dbi Omni Directional antenas,Internet Connection TypeDynamic IP,PPPOE,Static IP,L2TP,PPTP
- Package ContentWireless N300 Easy Setup Router N301;Quick Installation Guide;Ethernet cable;Power adapter;Resources CD.
Best Wi-Fi Router For One Room Under 1000
#10. D-Link Dir-600M N150 Broadband Wireless Router
D-link DIR-600M is suitable for single room or 1 bedroom apartments. The router supports 802.11n wireless standard with 150 Mbps of maximum data speed.
You get a single 5 dBi antenna for a drop-free wireless connection. Four 100 Mbps LAN ports are available for your wired connections.
WPA/WPA2 wireless encryption helps in the security of your network. You benefit from the NAT firewall that prevents the connection of unauthorized devices thereby preventing hacks.
You can easily set up the router with its web-based setup and configuration. Dlink offers a 3 years warranty on the router.
Pros of D-Link Dir-600M N150 Broadband Wireless Router
- Sufficient range for a single room or small homes.
- WPS for enhanced security.
- Easy installation.
Cons D-Link Dir-600M N150 Broadband Wireless Router
- No hard reset option.
- No WPS button for easy connection to a wireless network.
- When all LAN ports are used, you may experience connection drops.
Best for – Single bedroom homes with work-related usage due to advanced security features.
- Great Speed and Coverage: Share your Internet connection between your wired and wireless devices, with fast wireless speeds and the range to reach more places throughout your home
- Latest Wireless N 150 technology for increased speed and range, plus Repeater Mode to extend the reach of your existing wireless network
- Flexible connectivity for your devices: 10/100 Internet port to connect to broadband Internet with high transfer speeds; Four 10/100 LAN ports to connect wired devices for high-speed online activities
- Host of Security to help you stay secure: Keep your Internet activities safe with WPA/WPA2 wireless encryption and a NAT firewall - to control traffic and help protect your network from local and remote intrusions
- Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) to quickly and securely add devices to your network
You can check out the complete D-Link DIR-600M broadband wireless review
#11. TP-Link TL-MR3020 Portable 4G Router
You can connect your 4G dongle with TP-Link TL-MR3020 Portable 4G Router to get uninterrupted internet connectivity when you are away from home or office.
You can also use WAN/LAN port to get wireless access from wired internet connection and it supports maximum speed up to 300 Mbps.
Tp-Link router is compatible with 120+ LTE/HSPA+/HSPA/UMTS/EVDO 3G/4G signals that allow you seamless internet connectivity even in remote locations.
Three modes available that are 3G/4G mode, WISP Client mode and AP mode.
The device is really compact making it an easy carry.
Pros of TP-Link TL-MR3020 Portable 4G Router
- Three usage modes
- Enhances 4G dongle connection
- WAN//LAN port to connect with local network or wired Internet
- Easy to carry
Cons of TP-Link TL-MR3020 Portable 4G Router
- Little bulky as compared to a dongle
If you need independent WiFi internet connection while away from home or office
- 3G/4G Sharing —— Share a 3G/4G mobile connection, compatible with 120+ LTE/HSPA+/HSPA/UMTS/EVDO 3G/4G USB modems, tested in the field
- Travel Portable Router —— Travel-size Design, small and light enough to take on the road, enables users to share a 3G/4G mobile connection wherever 3G/4G* coverage is available
- 300Mbps Wi-Fi Speed —— Wireless speed is up to 300 Mbps. Microsoft Windows 98SE, NT, 2000, XP, Vista or Windows 7, 10, MAC OS, NetWare, UNIX or Linux
- Working Modes —— Three modes available for different situations: 3G/4G* Router, WISP Client Router and Travel Router Mode (AP Mode)
- Back-Up Strategy —— With 3G/4G* and WAN failover back-up strategy, TL-MR3020 can provide a sustained internet connection
If you are a student living in a single room, TP-Link TL-WR820N 300 Mbps Speed Wireless WiFi Router is a good option as it has an option for guest WiFi to share between your friends and offers a good range.
If you are living in a small to medium-sized home and using a BSNL broadband connection, D-Link DSL-2730U ADSL2+ Modem Router is the one to go for due to its reliable connectivity.
If you live in a large home, Tenda 301 Wireless router gives you multiple LAN ports for high speed wired connection along with high gain antennas providing drop free wireless internet.