If you are going for ACT Fibernet and want to purchase your own router (a great decision to save monthly rent payable to service provider), but you are confused because there’s no clarity on which router is compatible with ACT Fibernet, then go through this article.
We have created a list of 5 best WiFi router for ACT fibernet in India to help you out. We have considered the factors below to create the list of best WiFi router for ACT fibernet.
- Frequency Band
You will learn more about these parameters in the end of this article. If you are running short of time, you can go through our top 3 picks of best WiFi router for ACT fibernet.
Best WiFi Router for ACT Fibernet
#1. TP-Link Archer C6 Gigabit MU-MIMO Wireless Router
TP-link Archer C6 AC1200 dual-band router supports the new 802.11ac standard. You get up to 867Mbps in the 5GHz band and 300Mbps in the 2.4GHz band. If you are opting for the Giga plan in ACT connection, this router is the best option.
The four omnidirectional antennas feature MU-MIMO technology that gives twice the transmission speed to multiple devices at once which is good if you have multiple users that require high bandwidth.
You get four-gigabit ethernet ports capable of 1 Gbps connection. This lets you have an ultra-fast wired connection to your PC and other connected devices.
You can get the Tether app available on iOS and Android to set up and configure the router.
You get standard encryptions like WEP, WPA/WPA2 to ensure the safety of your network.
Tp-link offers a 3 years warranty on this router.
- Dual Band WiFi speed —— Simultaneous 2.4GHz 300 Mbps and 5GHz 867 Mbps connections for 1200 Mbps of total available bandwidth; supports 802.11ac standard
- Ultimate Range Wi-Fi —— 4 external antennas and one internal antenna provide stable wireless connections and optimal coverage
- Qualcomm Chipset —— High-Performance Chipset provides an excellent connection experience
- MU-MIMO —— MU-MIMO achieves 2X efficiency by communicating with up to 2 devices at once
- Gigabit Ports —— With one Gigabit WAN port and four Gigabit LAN port, speeds can be up to 10× faster than standard Ethernet connections. Connect your favorite wired devices to the Archer C6 and get impressed
- Easy to set up with the application.
- MU-MIMO technology-enabled antennas for faster speeds.
- Gigabit support for ethernet.
- No USB port.
- The coverage area is not great.
Why you should buy this product: For high-speed WiFi for large homes.
#2. TP-Link Archer C20 AC750 Wireless Dual Band Router
Tp-link Archer C20 AC750 is among the best dual-band routers in a budget. If you live in an apartment then you can use the 5GHz band for high-quality streaming or large size downloads with less traffic congestion.
If you need a long-range, you can connect to 2.4 GHz for a stable Wi-Fi connection.
The router supports 300 Mbps at 2.4GHz and 433 Mbps at 5GHz giving you a total bandwidth of 733 Mbps.
You get 4 LAN ports at the back for high speed wired connection up to 100 Mbps. The Archer C20 features three omnidirectional antennas that are sufficient to cover a 2 bedroom home with no drop points.
The router has support for WEP, WPA/WPA2, WPA2-PSK encryption standards to prevent hacks on the network. You can configure the router with the TP-Link Tether app.
- 750 Mbps Dual Band Wi-Fi —— Simultaneous 2.4GHz 300Mbps and 5GHz 433Mbps connections for 733Mbps of total available bandwidth. WiFi Range : 2 Bedroom Houses (3× Fixed Antennas)
- Antennas —— 3 external antennas provide stable omnidirectional signal and superior wireless coverage
- Working Modes —— Router Mode, Access Point Mode, Range Extender Mode.
- Wireless Standards —— IEEE 802.11ac/n/a 5 GHz, IEEE 802.11n/b/g 2.4 GHz
- Interface —— 1× 10/100 Mbps WAN Port, 4× 10/100 Mbps LAN Ports
- Omnidirectional antenna for maximum coverage.
- Encryption standards to prevent hacks.
- Easy to navigate UI in the router configuration page.
- Slow boot time.
- No USB port for sharing print media.
Why you should buy this product: Best for getting the performance out of act storm, blaze, and lightening plans.
#3. Tenda AC10 1200Mbps Wireless Smart Dual-Band Gigabit WiFi Router
Tenda AC10 1200 Mbps router operates on both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz to give you excellent speeds. The router has a 1GHz CPU that efficiently manages data processing to give you a lag-free experience.
With four 5dBi omnidirectional antennas, you get excellent coverage throughout the home. The antennas feature MU-MIMO and beamforming technology that channel signal towards your device for a stable connection.
You get three gigabit LAN ports for connecting PC, laptop, TV, and gaming consoles. The Gigabit WAN port to make the most of your ACT high-speed internet connection.
You get a WPS button to connect new devices to the network securely and a Wi-Fi On/Off button to disable WiFi when not needed.
Tenda offers 3 years warranty on the router.
- AC10 AC1200 smart dual-band wireless router; If you cannot access the internet after configuration, ensure that the Ethernet cable connected to the WAN port of the router has connected to the internet
- AC10 is a high-performance Wi-Fi router designed with full Gigabit WAN and LAN ports
- Strong dual band Wi-Fi signal for multi-wall penetration
- Innovative MU-MIMO technology
- Four clean-cut antennas for stronger Wi-Fi signal and wider Wi-Fi coverage
- Beamforming technology for stable wifi connection.
- The range is sufficient for a 2 bedroom house.
- Easy setup procedure.
- No USB port.
Why you should buy this product: For large file downloads and 4K streaming.
Also read – Best gigabit router in India
#4. D-Link DIR-615 Wireless-N300 Router
D-link DIR 615 supports wireless N standard and supports a maximum speed of 300 Mbps. You get a single 2.4GHz channel for data transmission.
The two 5 dBi antennas provide a sufficient range for a 2 BHK home.
You get four 10/100 LAN ports to the back for wired connectivity with ports supporting speeds up to 100 Mbps.
Security features like the NAT firewall helps in preventing external attacks. You get the benefit of the QoS(Quality of Service) feature that optimizes bandwidth allocation between devices for efficient data transmission.
The setup of the router is easy with a simple step by step web-based setup wizard. D-link provides a 3-year warranty on the router.
- N 300 Mbps wireless Router with high gain Omni Antenna. Dynamic IP (DHCP) : Yes
- Support Multiple operating modes: Router | AP | Repeater | Client
- Easy Setup: Super simple set-up with the D-Link Assistant Mobile APP Or with intuitive WEB GUI setup wizard.
- Advance security with WPA/WPA2 and firewall NAT, SPI, IP Filter, MAC Filter, DMZ, DDos prevention
- Always up-to-date with latest features / updates with online firmware upgrade
- Drop free connection for up to 10 meters.
- Easy installation.
- Does not heat up on continuous usage.
- The length of the included RJ45 cable is very small.
- No support for the 5GHz band.
Why you should buy this product: budget option for entry-level ACT plans.
#5. Netgear R6220 AC1200 Smart WiFi Router
Netgear R6220 supports the latest 802.11ac standard and supports 867Mbps in 5GHz and 300Mbps for the 2.4GHz band. This router is best suited for high-speed ACT plans.
The 2 omnidirectional antennas provide a stable connection for a double bedroom home.
You get 4 LAN ports each of which offers up to 100 Mbps speed. There is a USB 2.0 helpful to share print media over your network.
Netgear has a smartphone app genie through which you can manage and configure your network. You get a 2-year replacement warranty.
- AC1200 WiFi—300+867 Mbps speeds
- External antennas for improved WiFi coverage
- Ideal for homes with 8 or more WiFi devices
- Nighthawk App - Easily set up your router and get more out of your WiFi.
- Durable build quality.
- smartphone app for ease of control.
- USB port for media sharing.
- 2-year replacement warranty.
- The signal range is not great on the 5 GHz band.
- LAN/WAN ports do not support the Gigabit connection.
Why you should buy this product: Best for congested apartments to get a faster and stable connection.
Things to Consider While Buying WiFi Router for ACT Fibernet
Choose your router according to the plan you are going to opt for. If you are going with high-speed plans, go for a gigabit router that gives you the maximum benefit of the faster connection.
If you live in an apartment where the networks are congested, opting for dual-band routers with support for the 5GHz band can give you stable and faster connections in a small range.
If you live in a single, large home, the 2.4GHz band offers a larger range and optimum speed for casual browsing and video streaming.
If you are opting for high-speed ACT plans, you can make use of the bandwidth with MU-MIMO enabled antenna setups that can transmit multiple data streams simultaneously to several devices.
If the router has a smartphone application for setting up and configuring, then it becomes easy to make changes to your connection parameters as and when required.
If you are opting for entry-level plans like ACT Swift or ACT Rapid plus, then D-Link DIR-615 Wireless-N300 Router is an excellent option on a budget.
If you are going for higher-speed plans, then TP-Link Archer C6 Gigabit MU-MIMO Wireless Router offers a better range and data transmission management to make the most of your connection.