Last updated: 20 Nov 2020
After analyzing multiple routers and their pros and cons we prepared a list of best wifi router in India to help you choose as per your needs.
Before moving to the list of top wifi routers, let’s first check the factors that help you while making a buying decision.
- Speed and Bandwidth
- Number of network bands
- Number of antennas
- Security features
- USB ports
- Type of usages such as regular home use or gaming
- Mobile app for managing the router
- Additional features such as parental control
Here is the list of 11 best wifi router in India 2020
D-Link N300 router allows you to access high speed internet, up to 300Mbps, in both wired and wireless devices. The router has 10/100 internet port to access broadband internet at high transfer rates.
The router also has four 10/100 LAN ports to connect to wired devices.
The wireless N 300 technology extends the wireless range to reach more areas in your home. The dual 5dbi antenna further increases the coverage.
The Quick Router setup wizard is a web based browser setup that allows you to configure the router quickly and easily.
The router uses NAT firewall and WPA/WPA2 wireless encryption to prevent unauthorized access and attacks from the internet.
D-Link gives 3 year warranty for the router.
- Compatible with ISP input of RJ 45 ( Not compatible with RJ-11 input such as MTNL/BSNL/TATA/AIRTEL RJ-11 connection.) SDRAM : 8MB
- Get upto 300 Mbps reliable and affordable Wi-Fi connection ( 2.4Ghz frequency band )
- Share high-speed Internet access with computers, game consoles, and media players from greater distances around a small home or apartment.( 450 sq ft )
- Can handle multiple ( upto 10 ) wireless devices and enable smooth streaming and sharing across your entire home network
- For Installation and Technical support please contact us on 18602333999 / 0832-2856000 or write to us on [email protected] ( All days 10:00am to 06:00PM IST
Pros of D-Link DIR-615 Wireless-N300 Router
- Best router in this price range
- Easy to configure and setup
- Works well across few floors
Cons of D-Link DIR-615 Wireless-N300 Router
- May not be a good option for PPPoE based connections such as ACT broadband
TL-WR841N is a high range wifi router in india that is compatible with IEEE 802.11 b/g/n LAN protocol. The TP-Link router is based on 802.11n technology and supports up to 300Mbps download speed.
The router has two 5dbi antennas which increase the range and stability. You have an administrator mode that can decide how much bandwidth to allocate to each device.
The device is easy to set up and manage in any mobile device using the TP-LINK Tether App.
You can whitelist or blacklist devices to allow or block internet access. You can sue the parental control feature to manage the internet access of your children or employee.
There are 4 ethernet ports for wired connection. You can protect the router with WPA2 encryption using the WPS button.
- Performance —— 300Mbps wireless speed ideal for interruption sensitive applications like HD video streaming
- Guest Network —— provides separate access for guests while securing the home network
- IPv6 —— compatible with IPv6 (Internet Protocol version 6)
- WPS button —— easy wireless security encryption at a push of WPS button
- IPTV —— supports IGMP Proxy/Snooping, Bridge and Tag VLAN to optimize IPTV streaming
Pros of TP-Link TL-WR841N Wireless N Cable
- Easy to install and manage using a mobile app
- Does not heat up much even if not switched off
- Good range and works across floors
Cons of TP-Link TL-WR841N Wireless N Cable
- Build quality is not great
The TP-Link Archer C20 is only a router and does not include a modem. The router works on next generation wi-fi standard 802.11AC and 3 times faster than N wireless routers.
The router supports two dedicated networks, 433Mbps speed over 5GHz band and 300Mbps speed over 2.4GHz band.
The router has 3 omnidirectional antennas that give a stable signal in all directions and reliable speed across longer distances. The router has 10/100 WAN ports to access broadband internet at high transfer rates and four 10/100 LAN ports to connect to wired devices.
You can give separate access to guests sharing your network using the Guest Network Access. The administrator, parental control feature allows you to restrict internet access to children or employees.
TP-Link Tether app lets you install, and manage the router in your Android and iOS devices.
The C20 router is easy to set up using an intuitive web interface. The manufacturer provides 3 years warranty.
- 750 Mbps Dual Band Wi-Fi —— Simultaneous 2.4GHz 300Mbps and 5GHz 433Mbps connections for 733Mbps of total available bandwidth
- Antennas —— 3 external antennas provide stable omnidirectional signal and superior wireless coverage
- Working Modes —— Router Mode, Access Point Mode, Range Extender Mode.
- Wireless Standards —— IEEE 802.11ac/n/a 5 GHz, IEEE 802.11n/b/g 2.4 GHz
- Interface —— 1× 10/100 Mbps WAN Port, 4× 10/100 Mbps LAN Ports
Pros of TP-Link Archer C20 Wireless Dual Band Router
- Supports high speed up to 750Mbps through 2 dedicated networks
- 3 antennas give increased coverage and speed
- Easy to install
- Good build quality and lightweight
Cons of TP-Link Archer C20 Wireless Dual Band Router
- Some people complained of heating issues
Read our new article- Best Wifi Router for Home in India
Netgear WNR614 works using the N300 wireless technology which offers 300Mbps download speed. The router has two external antennas and gives increased wi-fi coverage.
The N300 router incorporates SPI, NAT, QoS and Guest Network to protect from malware and spyware. The router also has WPA/WPA2 encryption for better security.
The router is easy to set up using a push button. You can provide separate access to guests and limit the bandwidth allocated to them.
The Netgear router works best for small to medium homes. Netgear provides 2 year manufacturer’s warranty.
- Input Type RJ-45 (Ethernet Cable) supported by neighbourhood cable broadband ISPs such as Hathway, ACT, Tikona, Airtel Fibrenet, MyWorld, Nextra, Siti Cable, You Broadband, Spectranet etc
- This Router Does Not Include Modem and works well with Cable Broadbands
- Netgear WNR614 N300 Wireless Router with External Antenna
- N300 WiFi speed
- External antennas for improved WiFi coverage
Pros of Netgear WNR614 N300 Wi-Fi Router
- Good connectivity range even in larger homes
- Easy to set up
Cons of Netgear WNR614 N300 Wi-Fi Router
Tenda AC1200 router works on next generation 802.11ac Wave 2.0 wi-fi standard.
The router supports two dedicated networks, 5GHz band and 2.4GHz band with a combined download speed of up to 1167Mbps.
The multi-user, multiple inputs, multiple-output (MU-MIMO) features allow you to connect multiple devices at full wi-fi speed.
The router is equipped with 4 5dBi dual-band omnidirectional antennas that significantly increase the wi-fi range making it the best wifi router for long-range in India.
The Beamforming+ technology transmits wifi signals in the direction of the devices giving stable and efficient connection.
Tenda wi-fi app allows you to control the router from anywhere through cloud management. You can control access, disconnect unauthorized users with a single click, set up a separate guest network for temporary users, blacklist and whitelist users.
- Compliant with 802.11ac Wave 2.0 Standard - Powered by new 802.11ac Wave 2.0 technology, AC5 offers a combined dual band wireless transmission as high as of 1167 Mbps
- with the MU-MIMO technology, AC5 can communicate with multiple devices at a time, over 20% faster in internet connection.
- 1 GHz High Frequency CPU Made with 28 nm Process - With the most advanced 28 nm process made by Netcom, AC5 outperfoms router made chips with 40 nm process on power saving
- powered by 1 GHz high frequency CPU, AC5 offeres more reliable and stable internet connection.
- Migration of ISP User Name and Password - Migration of ISP User Name and Password replacement of router easy without loggin in to the web UI of router to configure.
Pros of Tenda AC5 AC1200 WiFi Router
- One of the few routers which provide dual band network at this price range
- Stable connection with no drops in signal strength
- Remote access through the mobile app
- Sleep mode to conserve energy
Cons of Tenda AC5 AC1200 WiFi Router
- App interface not as easy as competitors such as TP-Link but better than Netgear’s app
MR3420 wireless N router provides high speed internet up to 300Mbps download speed. The router has 2 5dbi antennas that enhances coverage and provides reliable speeds.
The router allows you to insert a dongle in the USB slot and convert it to a wi-fi hotspot. Thus you can use the router as a wi-fi hotspot even when you are traveling. The router also supports AN internet connection via an Ethernet cable.
You can restrict the access using the bandwidth control feature to limit the bandwidth allocated to each device. You can encrypt the router easily with a one-touch quick security setup button.
The manufacturer provides 3 year warranty.
- 3G/4G —— 3G/4G and WAN connection Backup guarantees an "Always-online" Internet connection
- 300Mbps Wi-Fi Speed —— Local wireless HD video sharing, with speeds up to 300Mbps
- Compatibility —— Compatible with LTE/HSPA+/HSUPA/HSDPA/UMTS/EVDO USB modems, tested in the field
- Bandwidth control —— Bandwidth control allows administrators to determine how much bandwidth is allotted to each PC
- Support all mainstream ISP, including Jio, Airtel,Vodafone, BSNL, ACT, MTNL, Hathway, You broadband, GTPL, etc. The actual accessibility may still vary from the area.
Pros of TP-LINK TL-MR3420 3G/4G Wireless N Router
- USB dongle can be used to convert the router to a wi-fi hotspot
Cons of TP-LINK TL-MR3420 3G/4G Wireless N Router
- Does not support band 5, hence may not work with 4G
The iBall router has one 10/100M (RJ45) WAN Port and one 1 x 10/100M (RJ45) LAN Port.
The router also has a USB 2.0 port compatible with LTE/HSPA. The router provides 3 options: GSM/CDMA, ADSL, and Broadband.
The iBall router has two 5dbi omnidirectional antennas that increase the coverage and wi-fi range. The router uses multiple-input and multiple-output, or MIMO technology that allows enhanced data transmission speed.
The router also provides backup internet with Auto-Failover & failback functions.
The router also provides advanced security features such as WEP, WPA-PSK & WPA2-PSK. You can also use the parental control feature to restrict access.
- 1 x 10/100M (RJ45) WAN Port
- 1 x 10/100M (RJ45) LAN Port
- 1 USB 2.0 Port for LTE/EV-DO/CDMA/HSPA+/HSUPA/HSDPA/UMTS
- USB Port: Can be used for USB Storage or 4G / 3G Internet
- With Auto failover andfallback between Broadband â” 4G/3G Connections
Pros of iBall Baton 300N Internet Router
- Good wi-fi range
- The USB cable allows you to connect a dongle
Cons of iBall Baton 300N Internet Router
Check out – Best wifi adaptor for desktop pc in India
The TP-Link Archer C1200 works on next generation wi-fi standard 802.11AC. The router supports two dedicated networks, 867Mbps speed over 5GHz band and 300Mbps speed over 2.4GHz band.
The high speed is ideal for online gaming and streaming high quality videos without any lag. Beamforming technology delivers a highly efficient wireless connection in the direction of the user.
The router has 3 omnidirectional antennas that give a stable signal in all directions and reliable speed across longer distances.
The C1200 router has a USB slot that allows you to store and share files seamlessly.
TP-Link Tether app lets you to install, and manage the router in your Android and iOS devices. The manufacturer provides 3 years warranty.
- Dual Band WiFi speed —— 300 Mbps-over 2.4 GHz and 867 Mbps-over 5 GHz; supports 802.11ac standard. Enjoy smooth online gaming and video streaming with dual band 1200Mbps Wi-Fi
- Ultimate Range Wi-Fi —— 3 External Antennas Greatly Expand Wireless Coverage. Multiple antennas form a signal-boosting array to cover more directions and large areas
- Beamforming technology —— Beamforming technology delivers highly efficient wireless connection (supported by Version 2.0 and above). Concentrates wireless signal strength towards clients to expand WiFi range
- USB Port —— 1 USB Port supports storage and file sharing
- Gigabit Ports —— Lightning-Fast wired connections using four Gigabit Ethernet Port
Pros of TP-Link Archer C1200 Wi-Fi Router
- Ideal for gamers and HD video streaming with 1200Mbps speed through 2 dedicated networks
- 3 antennas give increased coverage and speed
- USB port allows you to connect external hard drives
Cons of TP-Link Archer C1200 Wi-Fi Router
- Some versions may not be compatible in India
The AC 1000 router works on next generation wi-fi standard 802.11AC that supports download speeds up to 1000Mbps.
The router supports two dedicated networks, 700Mbps speed over 5GHz band and 300Mbps speed over 2.4GHz band. The router is compatible with all N150, N300, N600 and AC devices.
The router allows you to use multiple devices for HD streaming without any lag. The 2 antennas provide extra coverage throughout your home. Netgear genie mobile app allows you to easily install and manage the router.
Netgear provides 2 year warranty on the device.
- Faster Wi-Fi – Now up to 1000 Mbps (300 + 700)
- Upgrade your Wi-Fi to support new AC devices
- Works with all N150, N300, N600 and AC devices
Pros of Netgear R6080-100 Wi-Fi Router
- Dual network provides good speed and lower interference
- Good router for home use
Cons of Netgear R6080-100 Wi-Fi Router
The C5400 router supports triple band network, one 2.4GHz and two 5GHz bands and nitroQAM technology that delivers speeds up to 5334Mbps. The router is powered by 1.4GHz dual-core CPU and supported by 3 co-processors.
The multi-user, multiple input, multiple output (MU-MIMO) features allows you to connect multiple devices at full wi-fi speed without affecting the speed. The Smart Connect feature allows each device to connect to the most optimal band.
You can set up a secure personal VPN network between your private network and internet avoiding paid VPN subscriptions.
The router comes with HomeCare antivirus that protects your devices such as Wi-Fi cameras, smart locks and game consoles from cyber threats. HomeCare also has parental control that lets you to control access.
You can control the C5400 router works with your voice using Alexa and IFTTT for smart home customization.
- Boost Your Wi-Fi — Advanced NitroQAMTM (1024-QAM) and 4-Stream technology increase maximum Wi-Fi speeds on all bands by 25%, achieving combined Wi-Fi speeds of up to 5334Mbps
- More Bands, More Devices — Tri-Band Wi-Fi offers three distinct wireless bands for more devices
- Multiple Reliable Connections — MU-MIMO allows the router to achieve 4X efficiency by communicating with up to four devices at once
- Higher Efficiency — Beamforming technology delivers highly efficient wireless connection
- Smoother Performance — Smart Connect automatically assigns each device to the best available band to achieve optimal performance
Pros of TP-Link Archer C5400 Router
- Good wi-fi range and stable connection
- A USB port allows you to connect external hard drives
- Mobile app to control and monitor the router
- Can connect multiple devices without any lag in speed
Cons of TP-Link Archer C5400 Router
- Some versions may not be compatible in India
Check out this article also 11 Best Ink Tank Printer with Wifi in India
Asus AC5300 is a power packed router designed for gamers with speeds up to 5334Mbps. The router supports a triple band network, one 2.4GHz, and two 5GHz bands.
The router is powered by a 1.4 GHz dual-core processor and has 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports with 2 Gbps link aggregation capability.
The multi-user, multiple inputs, multiple outputs (MU-MIMO) feature allows you can connect multiple devices at full wi-fi speed without slowing down.
The router has USB3.0 and USB2.0 slots which allows you to connect external hard drives, printers, and USB dongles.
The AC5300 router comprises 4 transmit and 4 receive (4T4R) antenna design which greatly increases wi-fi range and signal stability. The AiRadar beamforming technology further enhances the wi-fi signal in the direction of your devices.
AiProtection Pro powered by Trend Micro provides a high level of security to your home network by blocking malicious sites. The AiProtection also includes parental controls to restrict usage.
The ASUSWRT interface lets you install and configure the router in 3 easy steps. You can also use the ASUS Router App to manage the router from initial set up, managing security, and monitoring real-time traffic.
- 802.11AC tri-band wi-fi router boosts speeds up to 5334MBPS for low-latency online gaming, smooth 4K UHD video playback and extremely fast file-sharing
- Tri-band smart connect automatically selects the fastest of the three available frequency bands for each device, based on the device’s speed, signal strength and how busy each band is
- 4x4 antenna design with airadar universal beamforming for unrivaled wi-fi range
- Aiprotection with trend micro for triple-strength network security, plus robust parental controls and privacy protection
- Intuitive ASUS router app lets you control your network anywhere, without needing to boot up a pc
Pros of ASUS RT-AC5300 Gaming Router
- Good range and stable wi-fi
- Very good router for heavy-duty applications such as online gaming, HD video streaming
- Good and sturdy build quality
- USB3.0 supports download large files, connect external hard drives
Cons of ASUS RT-AC5300 Gaming Router
- A reboot can be slower at times
If you are still confused, let me help you to find the best solution for you.
If a price is not the concern then go TP-Link Archer C5400 router which supports a triple-band network, superior security with the ability to protect devices such as cameras, game console from cyber threats.