Last updated: 20th Nov 2020
Wifi routers help you to connect your laptop, tablets and smartphones to the internet seamlessly.
Wifi routers eliminate the need for internet cables and let you use your devices at any nearby location.
Here is the 11 best wifi router under 2000 in India that you can choose according to your internet speed requirements.
- Wireless Standard- AC is faster than N
- Dual Band (2.4 GHz + 5 GHz) or single band (2.4 GHz)
- Only Router or Router + Modem
- Wi-Fi Range – the bigger the better
- Other Features- MU-MIMO, USB port, WPS button
Best WiFi Router in India Under 2000
D-Link DIR-615 Wireless-N300 Router is the best choice if you are looking for a regular router for your home use.
D-Link DIR-615 router works on wireless 2.4 GHz band and the two antennae ensure that you get seamless connectivity up to a range of 1000 sq ft.
D-Link DIR-615 router can also be used as a range extender making it extremely useful for bigger places or homes with multiple walls.
The NAT firewall of the router keeps malicious traffic out from your network, assuring that all your connected devices remain safe. D-Link DIR-615 router features 7 LED lights to indicate the status of your connection.
- Compatible with ISP input of RJ 45 ( Not compatible with RJ-11 input such as MTNL/BSNL/TATA/AIRTEL RJ-11 connection.) SDRAM : 8MB
- Get upto 300 Mbps reliable and affordable Wi-Fi connection ( 2.4Ghz frequency band )
- Share high-speed Internet access with computers, game consoles, and media players from greater distances around a small home or apartment.( 450 sq ft )
- Can handle multiple ( upto 10 ) wireless devices and enable smooth streaming and sharing across your entire home network
- For Installation and Technical support please contact us on 18602333999 / 0832-2856000 or write to us on [email protected] ( All days 10:00am to 06:00PM IST
Pros of D-Link DIR-615 Wireless-N300 Router (Best for Home)
- Seven LED Indicator lights
- Can be used as a Range extender.
- NAT Firewall protection
Cons of D-Link DIR-615 Wireless-N300 Router (Best for Home)
- No WPS Push button
Tenda N301 Wireless-N300 Router is a perfect choice if you are a beginner and looking for a simple and cheapest Wifi router.
Tenda N301 router works on wireless 2.4 GHz technology. The two antennas cover an area of 1200- 1500 sq. ft. with ease. Tenda N301 can support a maximum of a 300 Mbps internet connection suitable to run all your smart devices.
You can connect any device seamlessly to the internet using the WPS button which is located at the back of the Tenda N301 router.
However, the router has below average 3 LAN ports for wired connectivity.
- Easy setup and enjoy a security wireless network in a minute,Wireless security encryption easily at a push of WPS button
- Work as client to connect ISP network and share the Internet,300Mbps wireless speed ideal for interruption sensitive applications
- Standard&Protocol IEEE 802.3/3U IEEE 802.11n/g/b,Interface1 10/100Mbps WAN Port;3 10/100Mbps LAN Ports
- Antenna2 fixed 5dbi Omni Directional antenas,Internet Connection TypeDynamic IP,PPPOE,Static IP,L2TP,PPTP
- Package ContentWireless N300 Easy Setup Router N301;Quick Installation Guide;Ethernet cable;Power adapter;Resources CD.
Pros of Tenda N301 Wireless-N300 Easy Setup Router
- WPS Push button
Cons of Tenda N301 Wireless-N300 Easy Setup Router
- White Colour gets dirty easily
- Has only 3 LAN ports
Read this article also 11 Best WiFi Dongle in India
TP-LINK TL-WR940N Wireless-N450 Home Router is one of the best wifi routers for a home in India. The router works on the wireless N router technology that supports up to 450 Mbps of speed.
TP-LINK TL-WR940N should be used if your internet connection is above 300 Mbps.
The router has 3 antennas that provide high-speed internet connectivity over an area of 1500 sq. ft. It has 4 LAN ports apart from a physical WPS button to connect any device to the network.
TP-LINK TL-WR940N is equipped with MU-MIMO technology which ensures that there is least latency and you get a stable internet connection.
- 450Mbps Wi-Fi Speed —— 450Mbps wireless speed ideal for interruption sensitive applications like HD video streaming
- Antenna —— Three antennas increase the wireless robustness and stability
- Working Modes —— Router, Range Extender and Access Point modes
- WPS Button —— Easy wireless security encryption at a push of WPS button
- Bandwidth Control —— assigns your preferred devices with more bandwidth
Pros of TP-LINK TL-WR940N Wireless-N450 Home Router
- Wireless speeds up to 450Mbps
- WPS button
- MU-MIMO Technology
Cons of TP-LINK TL-WR940N Wireless-N450 Home Router
- Only a single LED light
iBall Baton iB-WRD12EN 1200M Smart Dual Band is the cheapest true Gigabit router available in India. iBall Baton iB-WRD12EN is for budget-conscious people but still want to try Gigabit technology.
The router has a maximum bandwidth capacity of 1200 Mbps which is carried over Wireless 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz channel. The router has a physical WPS button and also a WIFI ON/ OFF button to start/ stop streaming Wifi signals.
iBall Baton iB-WRD12EN is equipped with new MU-MIMO technology that creates multiple streams of data transmission. The technology helps the connected devices on the network experience faster internet.
- Dual band AC technology (2.4GHz + 5GHz)
- Smart Mobile App
- 5dBi x 4 Omni-directional antennas
- Operation mode: Router/WISP/Access Point
- Latest Beamforming technology for wider coverage
Pros of iBall Baton iB-WRD12EN 1200M Smart Dual Band Wireless AC Router
- MU-MIMO Technology
- WPS button
- Wifi On/ Off button
Cons of iBall Baton iB-WRD12EN 1200M Smart Dual Band Wireless AC Router
- Only 3 LAN ports
Read this also – Best ink tank printer with wifi in India
D-Link DSL-2750U Wireless N 300 router pairs best with a BSNL, Reliance or MTNL broadband that uses ADSL technology (i.e. phone line).
D-Link DSL-2750U router comes with an inbuilt modem that can get rid of the ISP’s modem. You can use the single router cum modem for setting up a Wifi network.
The router works on 2.4 GHz wireless band. The 2 antennae provide a quality connection covering an area of about 1200 Sq ft.
D-Link DSL-2750U also has a physical WPS button, that helps to pair a new device with ease.
- Latest ADSL2/2+ standard provides internet transmission of up to 24 Mbps downstream, 1 Mbps upstream
- Wireless N technology is ideal for high-speed wireless connections, and is compatible with 802.11n/g/b wireless devices
- Firewall protection, user access control, WPA/WPA2 wireless security, and priority queues
Pros of D-Link DSL-2750U Wireless N 300 ADSL2 + Router
- Router with modem
- Bi-colour LEDs
- WPS On-Off button
Cons of D-Link DSL-2750U Wireless N 300 ADSL2 + Router
- Device Heats-up on prolonged usage.
- Small LAN cable provided in the box.
TP-Link TL-WR841N comes with an integrated IP based bandwidth control option. That helps in controlling the bandwidth provided to connected devices in the network.
The bandwidth control feature is helpful if you have multiple users at home or for a small office. Apart from that the bandwidth control ensures that everyone gets a reliable connection.
TP-Link TL-WR841N router runs on 2.4 GHz channels and can provide connectivity up to 1000 sq. ft. penetrating walls and ceilings in between.
TP-Link TL-WR841N has a physical WPS button using which you can pair any device securely with a breeze.
You also have the option to use the TP-Link TL-WR841N router as a range extender.
- Performance —— 300Mbps wireless speed ideal for interruption sensitive applications like HD video streaming
- Guest Network —— provides separate access for guests while securing the home network
- IPv6 —— compatible with IPv6 (Internet Protocol version 6)
- WPS button —— easy wireless security encryption at a push of WPS button
- IPTV —— supports IGMP Proxy/Snooping, Bridge and Tag VLAN to optimize IPTV streaming
Pros of TP-Link TL-WR841N 300Mbps Wireless-N Router
- Physical WPS button
- Can be used as a Range extender.
Cons of TP-Link TL-WR841N 300Mbps Wireless-N Router
- Limited LED lights
TP-Link Archer C20 AC750 is the cheapest wireless AC dual-band router that you can buy in India.
TTP-Link Archer C20 AC750 provides up to 300 Mbps of bandwidth on 2.4 GHz Wireless N band and simultaneously up to 433 Mbps using its 5.0 GHz Wireless AC channel.
You can connect your Smart TV or computer, or other devices which needs maximum bandwidth with the AC channel.
The other devices like a printer or a mobile phone can be connected with a 2.4 GHz band. This ensures lesser congestion and optimum utilization of bandwidth.
TP-Link Archer C20 AC750 comes with the Guest network option. This lets you create a separate network for visiting guests at home or at your office.
The guest option ensures that they do not have access to other devices connected to the network like printer.
- 750 Mbps Dual Band Wi-Fi —— Simultaneous 2.4GHz 300Mbps and 5GHz 433Mbps connections for 733Mbps of total available bandwidth
- Antennas —— 3 external antennas provide stable omnidirectional signal and superior wireless coverage
- Working Modes —— Router Mode, Access Point Mode, Range Extender Mode.
- Wireless Standards —— IEEE 802.11ac/n/a 5 GHz, IEEE 802.11n/b/g 2.4 GHz
- Interface —— 1× 10/100 Mbps WAN Port, 4× 10/100 Mbps LAN Ports
Pros of TP-Link Archer C20 AC750 Wireless Dual Band Router
- Guest Network Access
- Physical Push WPS Button
Cons of TP-Link Archer C20 AC750 Wireless Dual Band Router
- No USB Port
Also read – Best wifi dongle in India 2020
With 3 antennas, D-Link DIR-816 Wireless AC750 Dual Band Router is the best choice for limited usage of your home.
The 2 antennae are used to transmit bandwidth over 2.4 GHz channel, the 3rd antenna transmits high-speed bandwidth over 5 GHz channel.
This combination in D-Link DIR-816 ensures uninterrupted connectivity to all the devices on the network.
D-Link DIR-816 router can handle a maximum of 750 Mbps bandwidth. It has 4 LAN ports a power switch and a WPS button which lets you connect a device to the router seamlessly.
However, D-Link DIR-816 misses a USB port, to connect a printer or external hard drive to the network.
The router also has a Guest Network feature to create a separate network for external users.
- High-speed connectivity : Uses the latest wireless AC technology to deliver blazing fast wireless connectivity with increased range and reliability
- Dual Band : Concurrent dual-band wireless for combined connection speeds of up to 750 Mbps
- 10/100 fast ethernet WAN port for speedy Internet access
- Four 10/100 fast ethernet LAN ports give you high-speed wired connectivity
- Wi-Fi protected Setup (WPS) to quickly and securely add devices to your network
Pros of D-Link DIR-816 Wireless AC750 Dual Band Router
- WPS Push Button
- Guest network access Feature
- Can be used as a Range extender.
Cons of D-Link DIR-816 Wireless AC750 Dual Band Router
- Lack of USB Port
iBall WRB-303N Router is equipped with MU-MIMO technology, which helps the router stream the bandwidth to different directions using different channels.
This results in less congestion in the network and leads to improved speed and network stability.
iBall WRB-303N supports a maximum bandwidth of 300 Mbps and works on wireless 2.4GHz technology. The two Omni-directional antennas are sufficient to cover a 2BHK home having an area of 1000 sq ft.
You can also use the Ball WRB-303N router as an access point or repeater. This will help you to extend the range of your existing Wifi network to cover a large area if required.
- Multi-Operation Modes: Broadband Internet Router / Access Point / WISP Internet / Universal Repeater
- MIMO Technology to provide data transmission speed up to 300Mbps
- 5dBi X 2 Omni-directional antennas provides better wireless performance, stability and coverage
- WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) button Turn On / Off Wireless signals with schedule management
- Parental Control with schedule time and day Firewall security features IP, MAC, URL filtering Qos (Quality of servce) for Bandwidth Management
Pros of iBall WRB-303N Router
- Long 3-year warranty
- Equipped with MIMO technology
- WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) button
Cons of iBall WRB-303N Router
- Average build quality
- Only 3 LAN Ports
D-Link DIR-825 AC 1200 Router is the best choice if you want to connect a hard drive that makes seamless internet available for every device.
With D-Link DIR-825 AC router you can enjoy up to 867 Mbps of speed over 5.0 GHz AC channel and up to 300 Mbps speed over 2.4 GHz N wireless channel.
The router has 4 high-gain, omnidirectional antennas which ensure proper connectivity to all your devices over an area of 2000 sq. ft.
The router has a physical WPS button which makes connecting a new device to the network an effortless task. It also has a Power button, a Wifi On/ Off button and 4 LAN ports for wired connectivity.
- AC-1200 with 1.2Gbps of speed / 802.11a, 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11n, 802.11AC
- WEP, WPA/WPA-2(Personal / Enterprise), WPS, Easy network management at your fingertips with D-Link Wi-F- APP.
- For Customer Complaints:Email:[email protected] Support No:+91-832-2856000 or 1860-233-3999
- 3 Year Brand Warranty
- Dual band with 2.4GHz band (300mbps) and the 5GHz band (867mbps)
Pros of D-Link DIR-825 AC 1200 Wi-Fi Dual-Band Gigabit (LAN/WAN) Router
- USB Port
- Physical WPS Push Button
- Power On/ Off button
Cons of D-Link DIR-825 AC 1200 Wi-Fi Dual-Band Gigabit (LAN/WAN) Router
- Small LAN cable provided in the box.
you can also read this article 11 Best Wifi CCTV Camera India
Tenda AC10 1200Mbps Wireless Router runs on Gigabit internet with1Gbps speeds. Tenda has a super-futuristic design and supports up to 1200 Mbps of bandwidth.
The router combines both the wireless N and AC standards. It also comes inbuilt with MU-MIMO technology which results in better speeds, lower latency times, and greater coverage area.
The four antennas of the router are designed in such a way so that you get a stronger Wifi signal and connect up to 30 devices to the router.
Tenda AC10 router comes with 3 LAN ports that offer full 1000Mbps speed over the wired network too. However, the only thing this router misses is a USB port.
- AC10 AC1200 smart dual-band wireless router; If you cannot access the internet after configuration, ensure that the Ethernet cable connected to the WAN port of the router has connected to the internet
- AC10 is a high-performance Wi-Fi router designed with full Gigabit WAN and LAN ports
- Strong dual band Wi-Fi signal for multi-wall penetration
- Innovative MU-MIMO technology
- Four clean-cut antennas for stronger Wi-Fi signal and wider Wi-Fi coverage
Pros of Tenda AC10 1200Mbps Wireless Smart Dual-Band Gigabit WiFi Router
- MU-MIMO technology
- 3 Gigabit LAN ports
- Futuristic Design
Cons of Tenda AC10 1200Mbps Wireless Smart Dual-Band Gigabit WiFi Router
- No USB port
If you are looking to buy a single channel router for your home or office, then my recommendation is TP-LINK TL-WR940N Wireless-N450 Home Router.
If Future-proofing is what you want from your router, then you should definitely consider Tenda AC10 1200Mbps Wireless Router.