Update on 05 Jan 2022
Netgear N300D1500 WiFi modem router essential edition is a versatile router that has an inbuilt ADSL2+ modem for a DSL line that connects to BSNL/MTNLbroadband. You also get an ethernet WAN port so you can use it for cable broadbands like the ACT, HATHWAY, and other ISP’s.
The router supports speeds of up to 300 Mbps with external antennas for excellent signal coverage for small to medium homes.
- Built-in ADSL2+ Modem
- N150 WiFi speed - Ideal for web, email and social networking
- Works with DSL internet service providers
- Works with all Internet Service Providers – Airtel Fibernet, BSNL, ACT, Vodafone, Tata Tele, Hathway, Beam Cables, Tikona, MyWorld, Nextra, Siti Cable, You Broadband, Spectranet and all other major service providers.
- Number of Ethernet Ports: Two (2) 10/100 Fast Ethernet Ports, Number of ADSL Ports: One (1) ADSL2+ Port; Operating System: Vista, 8, 7, Mac OS, UNIX or Linux, Windows: 2000, XP; Frequency: 2.4 GHz. For any product related queries kindly contact brand customer care: 1800 419 4543
Before the N300 D1500 wifi router, NetGear had a N150 model that supported speeds of up to 150 Mbps. Netgear N150 wifi router comes with a single antenna that had less range and was not suitable for fast connections.
Major benefits of N300 over N150 router:
- You get a dual antenna array for extended range coverage.
- In N300, you get double the speed as compared to N150.
Netgear N300 WiFi Router Specifications and Features
#1. ADSL2+ Modem
Netgear N300 D1500 features a DSL port for your landline broadband connection. The router also has a DSL modem inbuilt so you don’t have to buy a separate one.
The N300 router supports speeds up to 300 Mbps which is sufficient if you have a high-speed connection to your home so you are not limited by the router’s processing speed.
#3. Dual antenna
The router comes with two external antennas that can cover single or two-bedroom homes comfortably with no connection drops or blind spots.
#4. Support for DSL and Cable Broadband
If you have not decided yet on the type of connection you are going to have in the future, then the D1500 router is a great option as it supports both cable and DSL broadband.
Netgear has an excellent customer support system for easy fixing of your issues. The router also has a hard reset button to restart the router with default settings if you are stuck with configuration issues.
#6. Easy setup
The router needs no CD for installation. You will get a web-based step by step installation process which is easy to follow.
Netgear D1500 router features WPA/WPA2 security features to prevent any network threats and prevent external hacks.
Netgear N300 WiFi Router Hardware and Buildup Quality
Netgear N300 D1500 router has a compact, boxy design that takes up very little space on your desk. The two antennas are non-removable but you can position them as per your need.
The body is made of durable plastic and has vents at the front for heat dissipation.
To the back, you get a convenient power button for turning on/off the router for efficient energy management. You get a hard reset button for quick troubleshooting if the router is malfunctioning due to some settings.
You get two LAN ports, one of which doubles as an ethernet WAN port for cable broadband connection. You get a separate DSL port for landline internet connections.
Netgear N300 Wifi Router Performance
The router supports up to 300 Mbps of high-speed connection with efficient data processing for simultaneous data streams to multiple devices.
The router has a powerful dual antenna that covers small to medium houses up to 2700 square feet. The router does not heat up even after continuous usage which is good for the longevity of the router.
Best Use Case
#1. Small to Medium Size homes
The dual antenna setup gives you drop free connections up to 2700 square feets.
#2. Regular Updates
Netgear provides regular firmware updates for the D1500 router so you can be sure of improved stability and sustained performance.
#3. Solid Build Quality
The router is made of durable quality plastic and side vented design on the sides for easy maintenance and minimal dust buildup in vents.
#4. Support for both DSL and Fiber net
You get support for both DSL and Cable networks. So if you have only BSNL or MTNL ini your town, you can also use it when you upgrade to the fiber network.
What Could Be Better
#1. Power Cable
The power cable provided with the router is very short so you may need to find a place nearby to the power socket or use an extender to power the router.
#2. LED Indicators
The LED indicators are dim as compared to the previous model that makes it difficult to make out connectivity and other indications from a distance.
#3. No Dual Band Support
Netgear N300 is not a dual-band router as it supports only 2.4GHz channels which can be overcrowded if you live in apartments. A 5GHz channel support at this price would have been a great value-addition.
Netgear N300 WiFi Router setup
- Connect the router to the power supply and connect the router and your device with RJ45 cable.
- Visit http://www.routerlogin.com or 192.168.1.1 website.
- Enter the default login credentials. The default username will be admin and the password is admin.
- After setting up the SSID, you will be able to connect your wireless devices to your network by entering the password you have set for the network.
If you need a flexible router that can work for both DSL and cable broadband connection, then Netgear N300 D1500 router is a great option for small to medium houses.