Last updated – January 3, 2022
The computer mouse needs no introduction in today’s world. But there’s long debate since the advent of the wireless mouse is which one is better – a wired mouse or a wireless mouse.
Today, we will provide you a practical comparison of both versions of mouse-based on different use cases.
We will compare both wired and wireless mouse on the following parameters –
You will also come to know about the advantages and disadvantages of an individual mouse whether its a wired or a wireless mouse.
- Speed and precision
Without any further ado, let’s start.
The wired mouse was first launched in 1968. Since then they have changed various-shapes, loaded with new features, and become the best companion of computer users.
The wired mouse gives you faster speed having a physical connection with your computer or laptop using the USB port (however old mouse required a PS2 port behind any personal computer but PS2 is obsolete now).
Since they don’t need any battery they have a longer life expectancy until unless the chord gets cracked.
Advantages of Wired Mouse
- Speed & precision – If you are a gamer, you can understand a fractional lag can let you miss the target in your game. Since a wired mouse has physical connectivity, you get blazing fast speed to enjoy your gaming session.
- No Maintenance – You don’t require any special maintenance of a wired mouse except you take care of the chord to avoid any pull or crack.
- Price – Wired mouse is less expensive and you can get a simple mouse as cheap as in 100 bucks.
Disadvantages of Wired Mouse
- No freedom – Since the mouse is physically connected, it has limits to let you move in a particular range. You may have to adjust the chord to get the right position for your comfortable grip and hand movement.
Also read – Best wireless mouse under 1000 in India
The wireless mouse brought a revolution in the work industry to provide freedom as well as comfort to a computer user. You need not take care of cable especially if you move a lot. Otherwise, you will keep on rolling-unrolling your mouse cable.
Usually, the wireless mouse was a little expensive thing earlier but nowadays they are not that expensive.
Advantages of Wireless Mouse
- Absolute freedom – Since a wireless mouse connects with Bluetooth and doesn’t require any wire, you can comfortably move your hand while working or adjust the seat without any worry of adjusting the cable.
- Versatile – You can even connect more than 1 wireless accessories like a wireless keyboard with a single connector that gives you the convenience of using a single USB port for multiple connections.
- Looks better – As you don’t have messy leads around you, your desk looks clean and aesthetically pleasing.
Disadvantages of Wireless Mouse
- Speed & precision – If you are a gamer or does a highly precision-oriented work like an AutoCAD designer, a photo, or video editor, then you can notice some lag in button press and action. However, a premium wireless mouse works without any lag.
- Maintenance – You have to maintain your wireless mouse by changing batteries over time and even you may misplace the wireless connector that will make your mouse useless.
Wireless Mouse vs Wired Mouse
#1. Speed and Precision
The wired mouse has an edge when it comes to speed and accuracy because you get faster data transmission using a wired mouse as compared to a wireless mouse.
Wireless mouse may have some fractional lag that a regular user may not notice but only precision worker can tell you.
Wireless mouse is a hell more convenient than a wired mouse where you are messed up around the cables and you keep on adjusting the cable for a convenient hand position to work.
Whereas a wireless mouse gives you a complete freedom to move as per your convenience without worrying about the wire pulling.
You need a wireless connector to connect the wireless mouse. But you can attach a wireless keyboard with the same connector without any need of buying a new connector or occupying another USB port.
However, the bridge between the price of a wired mouse and a wireless mouse has been narrowed down to a large extent.
Still, you need more bucks to buy a wireless mouse as compared to a wired one.
Best Wired Mouse in India
Dragonwar ELE-G9 Thor Wired Gaming Mouse with Macro Function
Dragon War Thor Blue-sensor gaming mouse comes with 4-level DPI settings that are 800, 1600, 2400, and 3200 allows you to control mouse cursor movement.
DPI setting control is ideal for accurate movement in gaming, or cursor control for doing photoshop or video editing.
You get 8 programmable buttons to do various actions (using macro function through software) simultaneously in your gaming or designing.
You also get a 1.8 meters long cable and a gold-plated USB connector to avoid any signal loss.
- Lightweight Gaming mouse for quick moves during your gaming sessions
- On the Fly Dpi Change 800/ 1600/ 2400/ 3200
- Extra Durable switches and build quality to increase the durability of the mouse
- Designed for All types of Grips and All types of Games.
- Driver Customization
Pros of Dragon War Thor gaming mouse
- 8 programmable buttons
- 4 level DPI setting
- Comfortable for longer use
- Long chord
Cons of Dragon War Thor gaming mouse
- Cheap plastic build
Best Wireless Mouse in India
HP X200 Wireless Mouse
HP X200 wireless mouse comes with a comfortable grip to work for long hours.
You also get a laser sensitive touch control to adjust DPI settings. You can change DPI settings to have more control over cursor movement that helps you in photo editing work as well as in gaming.
HP X200 works on 2.4 GHz optical technology for flawless use on any surface type.
HP X200 is highly energy saver with its auto-sleep function. It has 15 months of battery life with a single AA cell.
- Stay unbound, stay in control - enjoy lag-free 2.4GHz wireless connectivity on this durable mouse by HP with an 18-month long battery life.
- Work at your pace by speeding up or slowing down tracking with adjustable DPI settings up to 1600 (800/1200/1600).;Work on your terms with an ambidextrous, contoured design suitable for both left and right-hand use.
- Enjoy great compatibility across devices and on different operating systems - Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, and MacOS 10.1 or higher.
- In it for the long run - enjoy 3-years manufacturer warranty on the device from the date of purchase.;Style Name: Wireless Optical Mouse
- Power Source Type: Battery Powered
Pros of HP X200 Wireless Mouse
- Comfortable design
- Premium looks
- up to 1600 DPI control
- 15 months of battery life
Cons of HP X200 Wireless Mouse
- Not ideal if you have smaller hands
You can also read – Best wireless keyboard-mouse combos
No doubt “Wireless Mouse” is a winner but it all depends on personal choice and budget. If you need a mouse high accuracy or if you have a steady fixture on your desk for regular work, then go with a wired mouse.
Otherwise, a wireless mouse is much more convenient and now they are narrowing the gap in terms of price and precision.
Leave a Reply